Chapter 26

So when I finally do dream about Cassandra, that fucking idiot Sam has to ruin it.

I had no idea it was possible that someone other than Cassandra could wake me up from the dream. It's always been her. Dammit, I was about to kiss her! I was finally about to kiss her and that jackass interrupted.

"Hey, Romeo." Sam enters with a wide, goofy grin on his face. He ruined my kissing moment, I could smack him.

"I don't wanna talk, go away." I dismiss him.

"Whoa! Trouble in Paradise? Did you and Cassandra get in a fight or something?"

"No! I just don't feel like talking."

Okay, I know it's very immature to be so annoyed regarding a dream, considering that it was a dream version of Sam whom I'm mad at. But for the love of me, I just wanna punch him. Just once.

"Can I punch you?"

He frowns and scratches his head in confusion. "Uh.. Why?"

"Because." I state.

"Because?" He asks.

"How would you like it if I interrupt you and Suzanna from kissing?"

He laughs and says, "L-O-L! You always do that."

Alright, so maybe he is right. It just irritates me when they start making out in public. Weirdos.

Before I can speak, he suddenly says, "Wait! Did I interrupt you and Cassandra from kissing?!"

I hadn't realized how embarrassing hearing this out loud would feel, because right now I'm so embarrassed that I want this floor to open and swallow me and drag me down to the pits of hell.

"Well..." I clear my throat. "Sort of.."

"Shit man! When?"

I'm about to tell him that he has indeed interrupted twice, once indirectly under the table and then in the dream. But, for some reason, I don't want to share the first one. I don't want to voice out that moment under the table; when it was just me and Cassandra; when it was so quiet that I could hear her heartbeat, matching my own; when it was so dark that the only source of light seemed to be coming from Cassandra's eyes.

I can't bring myself to share that. It was something that will stay between us. So instead I tell him the stupid part of the story.

"I was about to kiss her in my dream. And you woke me up."

He's looking at me like I just said the dumbest thing in the world.

"You're saying.. That I interrupted you from kissing her in your dream?"

I sigh. "Yes."

He bursts out laughing. His hands are on his tummy and there are tears in his eyes.

"What.. What the actual shit?" He says in between fits of laughter. "Why the hell were you dreaming of me when you were having an intimate moment with Cassandra? Holy mother of awkward moments, this is hilarious."

I angrily mumble, "Fucking moron. Get lost."

"Okay, okay!" He takes a deep breath and composes himself. "I'm um, sorry, well.. My dreamy version, is extremely sorry.. For uh.." He snorts. "For interrupting your dreamy kiss-"

He starts laughing again. He's literally going hysterical. I hate him. I hate him, I wanna throw him out the window. I could pull his hair out and poke his eye and strangle him. He's Satan in a bubbly, idiot human form.

He's still laughing when my phone rings. I'm so annoyed and angry that I don't check the caller ID and just pick up.

"What?" I angrily blurt.

"Whoa! Someone's in a sour mood."

"Cassandra!" Her voice makes me forget all the irritation and frustration. "Hey.. I'm sorry, was a bit distracted."

"So, is this a wrong time to call?"

"No! Absolutely not!" I quickly say. I turn around and see Sam lying on my office table, literally, lying on the table with his arm supporting his head and giving me a seductive smile. That son of a bitch.

"I'm actually standing outside your office building."

"You're here?!" I hurriedly make my way towards the door.

"Yeah. I made some cookies, so um.. Just wanted to share some with you.." She sounds so nervous, it's actually adorable.

"I'm on my way, then!"

"Okay." She giggles and hangs up.

I turn around to tell Sam that I'm gonna go get cookies, but when I see him he's pouting his lips and making kissing noises.

"Oh, fuck you." I slam the door and hear his roaring laughter.

I ain't sharing even a grain of those cookies with him.