Chapter 10

"Cassandra!"
He called out to her, a wide smile on his face. It was solely her idea to play hide and seek in the middle of the woods and she was one hell of a good player. It had been half an hour and he was still seeking her.

"Oh come on! How am I supposed to know where you are?"

There was a bit of rustling, and he turned around to check what it was. Nothing. The leaves on the trees were still as a statue, apart from the occasional movement cause by the wind. The sky was a clear blue, with the sun casting shadows everywhere, giving a magical look to the whole place.

"Tyler.."

He turned around as he heard her voice.

"Tyyyyler..!"

She was teasing him, and he was absolutely loving it. He loved how his name rolled off from her tongue, like a hushed whisper; like his name was a secret only she had access to.

"Tease me all you want, but I'm gonna find ya Cass!" He shouted to her.

He kept searching and looking for her. There was an opening which was covered by trees. He made his way and came out to the other side. There she was. She was wearing a yellow summer dress, which stood out from all the green surrounding her. Her hair were open and her curls danced around in the air. He just stared at her, shocked by how beautiful she was. Her skin was glowing like diamonds against the rays of sunlight that hit her.

"I found you.." He breathed. He had, he finally had found her. After all the dreams and sleepless nights, she was standing right there in front of him.

She gave a mischievous smile and said, "Took you long enough."

He chuckled lightly and made his way to her. She extended her right hand and he reached for it. Their fingers touched and then entwined. He was feeling every emotion that could be felt by a human being.

There was still an arms length between them, but none of them were eager to cover it. They were too satisfied with their hands tied together. He smiled at her and she said, "This is just the beginning."

His smile grew wider, "I know."

She gave a small nod and bit her lip and whispered, "Wake up, Tyler. Wake up."