Chapter 2

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!

God knows how much time I wasted standing in front of the mirror and thinking about that girl. What the hell is wrong with me? It was just a dream, get over it Tyler.

I groan as I hit the accelerator of my black Sedan. It was a gift from my boss. Yep. You heard it right. MY BOSS GAVE IT TO ME! I can't even remember what I did to receive this. Must've been something grand..

I park my car and get out. There's this old beggar here who sits in the exact same place every day, with an empty bowl in his lap. It bugs me a lot. In a place where there are sophisticated, high class people roaming around, he doesn't fit in. He stands out and gives a dirty look to this area. I don't like that.

As I pass him, he brings his bowl forward and asks for some money. I ignore him. No way am I giving him money.

I enter the lawfirm I work in and the receptionist greets me.

"Hey Julie, good to see you!" I wink at her and she blushes madly. Geez, the effect I have on women.

It's gonna be a busy day, I can feel it in the air around me. I don't have any cases to work on personally but nevertheless, I have to be on my toes all the time to guide any one who needs help. It's pretty boring, but the fact that people ask me for help and guidance on their cases makes me feel great. I'm younger than most of the people here and yet I have command over him. Talk about power, eh?

"Hey, Chase!" I turn around as I hear someone calling my sir name. It's Sam Williams, my homeboy. With just a year older than me at 28, he's a tall and smart guy. He has light brown wavy hair and brown eyes. He's my buddy and he's the only one whom I can call my best friend. Hell, he's the only one whom I don't dislike, unlike the rest of the people here.

"Hi Sam, what's up bud?"

"Dude, you have got to help me out in the Mrs. Andrews case. I'm literally on the verge of pulling my hair out, it's driving me insane."

"I could pull your hair out for you." I offer him with a chuckle. He glares at me and I raise my hands up in surrender.

"How's Suzanna?" I ask him. They have been together for over a year now, and I think it's pretty serious between them because Sam's always gets this wide grin on his face whenever she's mentioned.

"She's great, man! She's beautiful. We're good, yeah. We're good." He sounds like a hyper 13 year old girl.

I laugh a little and say, "Man, you're totally whipped."

He casually smacks on my arm and begins with his lecture, "She's the one, Ty. I have never felt so happy with anyone else. You know, that feeling you get when you're choking and then when it ends, you have this sudden burst of calm settle over you? That. I feel that calm when I look at her."

Again, green eyes make their way in my mind and I push the thought away.

"Whatever, man. Your love philosophy makes no sense to me."

He gives me a knowing smile and says, "You'll know it when you find your saviour."

"Can we stop about this stupid, corny talk and go back to work?" I'm honestly getting a bit annoyed now. I feel tired and there's a lot to do and this idiot won't stop blabbering.

"Alright, alright. Let's do this." He nods and takes his file out.

I get so absorbed in work, I don't even realize that it's my time off. I sigh with relief. Finally, I can go home and sleep now. I make my way towards my car and take my keys out.

"I got you."

I freeze in my spot as her voice rings in my ears and lingers on my mind. What the hell? I turn around swiftly to check if anyone's standing here. No one. Oh God, am I seriously "imagining" her voice now?

Dammit Tyler, get a grip on yourself. I take a deep breath to steady myself and get in the car.

-------------------

I crash down on my bed, not even having the power to take a shower. Christ, saying that I'm tired would be an understatement. I'm exhausted. Sometimes I don't like my job at all. No, wait. What am I saying? I love my job. But it's just, I don't know, sometimes it feels like something's missing. Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning and I just want someone to save me. Or maybe tell me how to save myself. I don't know.

Sam and I both wanted to be a lawyer, but when I look at him, I see a genuinely happy man. I smile as I think of Suzanna. She's a really nice person, and I'm actually very glad that Sam has her. He says he feels complete with her. A person who couldn't ask for more.

Me? I'm always wanting more. And the worst part? I don't even know what that "more" consists of.