Chapter 39

This chapter is dedicated to Fatima (hazzscupcake). I can't even begin to tell how much it means to me that you highlight little things from the chapters and comment on them, expressing your reaction and opinion. Thank you so much baby! Love you!
- H <3

We reach Republic almost an hour later. It's a Thai restaurant that Sam suggested to me. He said it's not too fancy and that it's a cool place. He wasn't wrong. The place is buzzing with people and energy. There are bench like seats along the wall on one side and bar stools on the other. It seems like a very trendy place; like you just have to come here at least once.

The waitress leads us to our table and I pull Cassandra's chair out for her to sit. I then take my seat.

"Good thing I made reservations." I mumble as I eye the surroundings.

"Yes! I had no clue it'd be this packed."

"Have you been here before?" I ask her.

"I've heard about it, but no. I haven't."

"Same here. Sam suggested this place."

"Really?" Her eyes light up. "How is he and Suzanna doing, by the way?"

"They're well, they're doing great."

"Did you, uh.. Did you tell them about our date?" She nervously asks.

"I did, yeah. They were ecstatic. To tell you the truth, they've been wanting me to take you on a date since quite some time now."

She arches her eyebrow and says, "Really? Is that so?"

Shit, she looks sexy. I gulp. "Yeah.."

"What did they say?"

My neck feels warm as I recall what Sam emphasized on, to kiss her. I clear my throat. "They, uh.. They.."

"Have you decided your order?"

The perky voice of the waitress interrupts our conversation and I swear I have never been more relieved. I was feeling so embarrassed, considering that both of them basically want me to kiss Cassandra. That's it.

I signal Cass to give her order first. She goes through the menu once and decides to have Glass Noodles.

"I would have.. Grilled Chicken with Pesto, please." I tell her my order.

"And beverages?"

"Two glasses of Pinot Noir." I look at Cass and ask, "Would a glass be enough? Or should we have a carafe?"

"I'm okay with just a glass. It's more than enough." She confirms.

"Alright. Two glasses of Pinot Noir it is, then." I humbly smile at the waitress.

She smiles at both of us and goes away.

"Hey, Cass?"

She diverts her attention from the surrounding and looks at me. "Hmm?"

"Do you remember the first time we met?"

"How can I forget? You almost broke my ribs." She smiles teasingly and I stick my tongue out at her.

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyss dramatically.

"Well, what about it?"

"You had some papers in your hand. And you went to that Manhattan's Children's Centre. If you don't mind me asking, I'd like to know what that was about."

"I visit there regularly. It's sort of like a school for autistic kids. I'll take you some time."

I smile. "Okay."