Chapter 50

They were sitting in Central Park, cuddled with each other. Snow flakes and leaves fell around them as they witnessed the beauty surrounding the entire area.

"Let's make a snow angel?" Tyler whispered in Cassandra's ear.

She grinned with excitement and quickly lay down on the ground with Tyler beside her. Soon enough, they had made two snow angels; hers a bit smaller than his.

"Okay. Bad idea. I'm gonna freeze." He said as he felt his jeans getting the slightest bit wet.

She giggled and rolled towards him, leaning into his chest as he extended his arm and tucked her in.

"I love you." He mumbled against her forehead, pressing a gentle kiss on her temple.

She snuggled in his shoulder. "I love you, too."

A small snow flake fell on Tyler's nose and he chuckled as it melted there. His hand was constantly trailing along her back and she let out a quiet sigh.

"What's wrong..?" He asked.

"I don't wanna leave you.."

He hugged her tighter and smiled. "I ain't going anywhere, babe."

"But, I am.." Her voice was barely a whisper, and he had to think twice before confirming what she actually said.

"What do you mean? Where are you going?"

"Somewhere, just out of your mind. I can't stay there anymore."

This made him laugh as he sat up and pulled her along with him. He cupped her cheeks and give her a light kiss. "Babe, you're in my mind 24/7. You live there."

She smiled, and he could see a bit of sadness in her eyes. "I only lived there because you needed me to. It was never my home, Tyler."

"Okay. I am literally not understanding what you're trying to say."

She took a deep breath and began, "You must understand, that some things are meant to be just in dreams. They're beautiful, and they make your heart ache, but they're just a dream. But you should also know, that a dream can be more powerful than reality. I helped you become the best you could be, and now, you're gonna make the best of reality."

His chest tightened at her words and he could feel a certain discomfort settle over him. He did not like the sound of this conversation.

"You needed saving, didn't you? You wanted someone to pull you out of the water you were drowning in and give you solid ground, right?"

He gulped and nodded his head slightly.

"You've been saved, Tyler. The universe carved a way to save you through your dreams."

He had never been more scared and confused. His heart pounded wildly in his chest and his limbs felt numb; and he was sure it wasn't the freezing temperature that was making him lose sensation.

He couldn't let go of her, not at all. He loved her too much to let her go so easily. She was a part of him as much as his eyes, ears, hands, feet and every fibre of his body were a part of him. He pulled her into a hug and embraced her tightly.

"Please let me go, Tyler. It's time."

"No. No, no, no just.. Stay.. Please.." This was not happening. He could not believe she was actually pleading him to let her go.

She held on to his neck and whispered, "I can't.."

He felt tears tickle down his cheeks as his mind refused to accept Cassandra's departure. But for some reason, he knew he couldn't stop her. He knew that she would leave. But as he sat there, holding her, he didn't want to be anywhere else.

"This is the last dream you're getting, I won't come in your dreams now." She steadily said as he tightened his grip on her.

"Just stay one minute. Please.." His breathing was unsteady. "This... This feels nice.."

She moved her head back to look at his face, and smiled glumly. "That is why I have to go.."

She cupped his face and stroked his cheeks with her thumb. He knew it was just a dream, that he'll wake up and the first thing he'll do is call Cassandra, but why did it feel like the last time?

Why did it feel like something was breaking inside him?

She bought her face close and gently brushed her lips over his.
Her lips were soft as a feather. He could've stayed frozen in this position forever and not complain. He was crying now and trying his best to not break into a sob.

"You saved me.. What if I need to be saved again..?" He nervously asked her as he stared into those green eyes that were his safety.

She smiled again. Why does she keep smiling? Doesn't she know that her smile calms him? He needed her to stop smiling so that he could panic, because right now nothing made sense to him.

"Don't worry, you won't need saving from someone else anymore. You'll save yourself. Just have faith."

He pressed his lips to hers, kissing her frantically and hungrily. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer, her mouth moving impatiently against his.

His teeth pulled on her lower lip and the kiss deepened as their tongues felt each other. He wanted to devour her, to feel her touch and savour her taste.

His lips hastily moved to her jaw and then to his neck, as he planted open mouthed kisses all along. Her breathing was unstable and the atmosphere was filled with their heavy breathing and panting.

Tyler wanted to make love to her again. He wanted to make her his before she left. But somehow he knew this dream wouldn't allow it. So he was content with just kissing her.

His mouth found hers again as they gave each other a lingering kiss full of love and passion.

When their mouths detached, their foreheads came against each other as they breathed each other in, trying to calm their racing heartbeat. He fisted his hands and stroked her cheeks with his knuckles.

Her words flowed in his veins till they reached his heart, where he knew they would forever reside. He could feel his insides twisting into a coil and his thoughts were running in circles, making him dizzy. He closed his eyes and whispered, "Ashling.."

She smiled and gently pressed her lips to his, again. But the kiss was light, with all the sweetness in the world, and a hint of goodbye.

A tear rolled down her cheek as her thumb stroked gentle circles on his neck. And then she said what he was dreading the most; the words that cut him deep and left him vulnerable, yearning for more time. For some more sleep.

"Wake up, Tyler. Wake up."

I'm crying, I'm fucking crying, my heart hurts. I have been waiting to write this part since so long and now it's here and I just feel so sad. Shit, man.

And happy 50th babies, I can't believe we've made it this far. Thanks guys!
- H <3