Chapter 41

The street was empty and quiet just like it was last night. Even Cassandra's neighbour's weren't making any sort of noise. It was so silent that a single pin drop would be audible.

Tyler and Cassandra were sitting in the car, cuddled up on the back seat. The bouquet of carnations that Tyler gave her rested on her lap.

"Did you have a good time?" Cassandra asks softly.

He toyed with her hair, twirling a strand around his index finger. "Good? I had a great time. It was the best night of my life."

She seemed to be happy with his response so she snuggled in deeper.

"Cass?"

She raised her head to look up at him. "Yeah?"

"Thank you for coming in my life."

She frowned. "Where did this sudden sentiment came from?"

"I was just thinking," he shrugged. "You started appearing in my dreams and then I met you. I don't know.."

She bought her lips to his and kissed him softly. "You don't have to thank me.."

"I don't..?" He mumbled against her lips, his hands travelling to her back to hold her tight.

"No.. Some things are just meant to be.." She breathed and slowly pulled away.

He kissed the top of her head and they resumed their original position.

"Why'd you give me pink carnations?"

He shrugged lightly. "I thought roses are too mainstream. And these caught my eye. They looked really pretty so I decided to buy these."

"Do you know that flowers have a language of their own? They symbolize something."

"I know roses do. Red symbolizes love, pink is for friendship, black is for animosity and white for peace."

"You've done your homework." She chuckles and Tyler laughs lightly.

"What do these pink carnations represent?" He asked.

"They describe two things. First being a mother's pure love. They're a symbol of a mother's undying and unending love for her children. That's why on Mother's Day, pink carnations are given to moms everywhere as a symbol of thanks and appreciation."

"Alright, mommy." Tyler teased.

Cassandra laughed and punched him in the stomach playfully.

"What's the second thing that it represents?"

"They basically symbolize fascination and unforgetfulness."

Tyler frowned. Cassandra touched the confused creases on his forehead and smoothed them gently with her thumb.

"So when you gave me theses pink carnations," she said while still working on his forehead. "You indirectly said 'I will never forget you.'"

He held her hands and bought them down to his lips, gently kissing them. "I won't.."

"I know.. I'm sorry.."

He was confused. Why was she apologizing? But before he could ask her anything, she said, "Wake up, Tyler. Wake up."