Chapter 9

Before I can get lost in her eyes, I quickly get off of her and stand up. She gets up and dusts herself off. I can't bring myself to look at her, I'm honestly too embarrassed by the fact that this is the second time we've met and I succeeded in falling on her both times. Secondly, I'm too shocked by the sight of her. This is one twisted coincidence.

"I'm so sorry," I blurt. "I honestly didn't see you, I was looking outside and I had no idea you were coming towards." I have my head ducked.

"You should really try and look in front, you know.." She says.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll keep that in mind. I promise." For the love of God, Tyler! Stop blabbering!

To my surprise, she starts laughing. I look up at her and see her shaking her head in amusement. Gosh, her laugh is like music to my ears. She has her own melody; a tune one can not easily forget even if they want to. Her laughter slows to a giggle and she says, "We should really stop meeting like this."

"Huh?" I'm honestly too enchanted by her presence and her laugh and how her face glows that I can't understand what she's referring to.

"This. Colliding. It's the second time we're meeting and both times you've tried your hardest to crack my ribs."

I laugh nervously, "I hope you're not hurt, I'm really sorry."

She waves it off.
"It's alright, just don't do it next time." She warns me.

I sheepishly smile and mumble, "Yeah".

We just stand there awkwardly, not knowing what to say or do. I can't come to terms with how the universe is playing with me. I can't grasp the concept that this girl, standing right in front of me, is the one who's been saving me in my dreams and just two days ago I didn't even know she existed. I clear my throat and speak, "I think we got off on the wrong start yesterday.."

She looks up at me expectantly, and I continue, "Hi. I'm Tyler Chase."

She looks at my extended hand, and I get the feeling that she might just dismiss it like she did the first time. But she proves me wrong. She gives a smile and shakes my hand saying, "Cassandra Evans."

"Nice to meet you Cassandra. I will try my best to be a gentleman rather than a wrecking ball."

She bursts out laughing and I feel my stomach twist into knots. She looks at me dubiously, "I have one question, though."

"Yeah?"

"You're really not a stalker, right?" She asks me seriously but I can feel the humour in her voice. This time it was my turn to laugh.

"God, no! No, no I promise you I'm not a stalker. I'm a-"

"Lawyer. I know." I'm cut off by her as she smiles. "Well, my shift has ended, so I'm gonna go now. Take care, Tyler."

"Wait! You work here??"

"Yeah, I'm a tour guide here." She states.

I can't believe this. I simply cannot believe this. One of my favourite places and she works here!! "How long have you been working here?" I ask her.

"Almost 6 months now."

"That's cool, that's great actually." That explains it. I haven't visited this place since a long time.

"Yeah, it is. I love it."

"So.. Would you mind being my tour guide for today?" I ask her with my fingers crossed behind my back.

"Well, my shift just ended.." She begins, but I can tell she's calculating her response. I look at her with desperation. "Tell you what, the next time you come I'll give you a tour. Promise."

"Sounds good. What time do you work?"

"Monday-Wednesday and Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 7 pm. Right now I have to go somewhere so my friend opted to fill in for me."

I nod and say, "Alright."

She gives me a grateful smile and says, "Great then. I gotta run, see you soon Tyler." And with that, she runs away, managing her bag.

I watch her figure mix in the crowd until it completely disappears. And right then I decide to come back tomorrow.
Oh God, I am so whipped.

-------------

Cassandra..
It's midnight and I can't get her name out of my head. I came home right after I left Madame Tussaud's, and reached around 6 pm. I showered, watched an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S while having dinner, and then decided to go to sleep.

Except that it has been 2 hours since I've been shuffling and stirring and can't seem to fall asleep. I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I can't believe I finally had a decent talk with her! I think of the dream I had last night. I remember I told her I wanted to get to know her. And she said, "So you shall."

And then I met her today and ACTUALLY got to talk to her and know her name. I even know her job and her shift timings. What the hell is this? It's some sort of creepy, mysterious thing that's happening and I don't know what to think about it.

Cassandra Evans.
My thoughts come back to her name. God, the sound of it is so sexy, I could keep listening to her say it repeatedly and never get bored. The name somehow fits her, like it was meant for her.

It's all planned, I get off from work at 5 pm. I'll come home, take a shower and head off to Madame Tussaud's.

It's good. It's all good.