Chapter 42

Ever looked at a bride on her wedding day? She has this radiance, this happy glow that is only visible on her face and no one else's.

All you have to do is look at me to know how brides look on their wedding day. No, I am not wearing white gown with a veil covering my face. Shut up.

I'm happy. I am so, so happy that no amount of words can ever compensate the intensity of my feelings. I'm bloody ecstatic. My feet are longer on the ground, I'm looking down on the clouds!

I'm having such a hard time believing that I kissed Cassandra. I kissed her! It wasn't a dream, it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me. But it was reality and I actually kissed her. I. Kissed. Cassandra. Evans.

Just thinking of her makes me feel warm and fuzzy. It reminds me of her pressed against me, her hands toying with my hair as I felt her. Just thinking about last night is enough to make my heart flutter. If I could, I would replay it again and again. I have kissed so many girls before; literally so many times that I've lost count. But last night, kissing Cassandra was so different.. It was like my very own 'first kiss'.

"Stop daydreaming about me." Cassandra whispers as she comes behind me and gives a quick peck on my cheek.

I turn around with a cheeky grin. She just stands there with a naughty smile on her face. She looks so mischievous and adorable that I can't help but kiss her. So I bend forward and plant my lips on hers. Her hands stroke my cheeks and I pull her close from her waist. After what felt like ages, she pulls apart, much to my dismay.

"That was unexpected." She breathes.

"Oh babe, I've waited a long time for this. Expect a lot of unexpectedness." I wink at her.

She moves back with a sly smile on her face. "Did you just call me babe?"

My cheeks turn warm and I can feel myself blushing. "I, uh.. Can I? I mean.. Can I call you babe? I'd like to.."

She giggles and gives me a quick kiss on the lips. "I'd love that."

I smile, feeling like a little kid who's been given all the toys this world can offer. We start walking and I lace my hand through hers. Her hand fits so perfectly in mine, it's like it was moulded specially to match mine. It feels so good to be able to hold her hand.

"Want me to tell you something ridiculous?" I ask her.

"Enlighten me."

"Sam and Zanna spied on us last night."

"What?!" She shrieks. "Are you serious?"

"Damn serious. They sneaked in my car when I was seeing you off and scared the crap outta me."

"They did not!" She bursts out laughing. "Oh my God, I can't breathe."

She bends down and rests her hands on her knees, going absolutely hysterical. "Just imagining them surprising you in your car is hilarious. It's so typical of them, I should've guessed it before."

I roll my eyes. "It was anything but hilarious. I almost peed my pants."

She goes and literally sits on a side because she can't stop laughing. She has her hands pressed on her tummy and her eyes are squeezed shut. I just stand there, looking at her in awe. How can someone be so innocently gorgeous? She doesn't even try and she manages to make me speechless. She's only laughing and I feel like my world has been sprinkled with happiness.

"You have got to stop laughing like that." I softly mumble.

She looks at me, her face red from all the laughter. She wipes a tear from her cheek and slows to a giggle. "Why?"

"Because I'm literally fighting an internal war to stop myself from kissing you every second. And your beautiful laughter ain't helping me."

She starts laughing again. "Tell these hormones of yours to get a grip."

"Hey, you!" I pull her up into a tight embrace. "You were saying?"

She stifles a giggle. "Nothing.." She knows she's trapped now.

"You seem to know my hormones quite well." I tease her.

"Let go of me!" She squeals as I start planting small, quick kisses all across her face. Her lips, nose, eyes, forehead, cheeks, chin, every tiny inch of her face undergoes my attack.

"You're so corny!" She giggles as she tries to get out of my grasp. I smirk and only kiss her more. She squirms inside my arms but she keeps laughing, her bubbling laughter only makes me want her more.

I give her nose one last peck and then lean my forehead against hers. She brings her hand to softly place it on my neck.

"You're like a teddy bear." She teasingly says.

"Am I?"

"Yep. My personal, lifesize teddy bear." She smiles warmly and kisses my cheek. I chuckle and loosen my grip on her.

"So where are we head off to?" I ask her. She had called me to Central Park to meet me. Now we were just nearing it's exit.

"I wanna take you somewhere."

"Take me home?" I slyly say and she elbows me.

"Oh, shut up."

"Alright, alright. Where do you wanna take me?"

She stops walking and instead stands in front of me to face me. "Would you like to spend your day with me in Manhattan's Children's Centre?"

I smile at her, feeling grateful that she wants to take me to a place where she prefers going alone. She wants to share it me. We all have our private place, somewhere we can find comfort in. I know that the Manhattan's Children's Centre is that place for her.

"I'd love to." I tell her. Her face lights up and she smiles brightly. She takes my hand again and we continue our walk.

THIS CHAPTER IS MAKING ME SMILE LIKE AN IDIOT! Tyssandra is so cute my little babies jdnakznaodnw I literally had such a huge smile plastered on my face when I was writing this *squeals and explode*
- H <3