Chapter 19

It's ridiculous how hyped up I am.

Cassandra and I will officially have a proper hangout today and I couldn't be more happier. I think about the dream I had last night and sigh with relief. It's a wonder really, how powerful and meaningful these dreams are. I guess I should get used to them by now, but honestly it's one of those coincidences that one can't normally get over.

I'm so giddy and absorbed in my thoughts that I don't notice Sam coming in my office.

"Hey.." He starts.

I look at him and give him a little nod. He clears his throat and says, "So um.. About yesterday.."

"It's no problem. Really, Sam, it's okay." I smile at him. And I mean what I said, it really is okay. If I was angry at him for crossing the line tomorrow, then I have completely forgiven him today.

He shakes his head and walks forward. Once he's standing in front of me, he says, "No, it's not. I should've though twice before saying that. I know you don't like talking about your parents and I carelessly bought it up. I'm truly sorry."

You know how they say that eyes are like a window to the soul? Well, all you gotta do is look into Sam's chocolate brown eyes to verify that statement. Ever word he says, everything he means is reflected in his eyes. You just have to look into them to know how genuine this guy is. How original he is.

I give him my brightest smile and pull him into a bear hug. I slap his back and say, "Aww man! Sam you are my bestest friend in the whole wide world and you should know that I can't stay mad at you for long!"

I pull back and Sam actually looks scared. I can't blame him, I have never hugged anyone like this.

"Uh.." He begins. "That was.. Cozy?"

I throw my head back in laughter and move to sit on my chair. He's looking at me with such an amused look, his eyebrows are pulled into a frown and his lips are pouting.

"Dude.. Are you okay?" He asks.

I retort lightly, "Does my being happy worry you?"

"You're radiating happiness! I have never seen you this hap-"

He stops midsentense and squints his eyes at me. I'm trying to figure out what's going on in that head of his when he blurts, "Did you get laid?"

Honestly, sometimes I have this feeling that there is no brain in that huge skull of his. Did I get laid?? As if I haven't slept with girls before. The dumbass he is.

I sigh. Shaking my head I say, "Seriously, Sam? Have I ever glowed after having sex? What the hell is wrong with you?"

He's still in that confused trance of his, so I decide to tell him the real reason why I'm so happy.

"There's this girl-"

"I knew it! I knew you slept-"

I cut him off by giving him a deathly glare. His lips form a tight line and he ducks his head. I continue, "There's this girl, Cassandra. We've met quite some times all due to coincidence. So I'm taking her out tonight. Like, a hangout."

He takes a moment to absorb this, and then slowly asks, "So, you're not dating her?"

"No."

"But you like her?"

"Yes."

"So you're hanging out with her but not dating her?"

"Yes.."

"When am I meeting this girl?"

"You- what?" I'm so baffled with his abrupt question that it takes me a moment to digest what he just asked. He just raises his eyebrows in question and patiently waits for me to answer.