Chapter 3

He was not a magnificent bird this time. He was actually himself. His human form.
And he was falling.

Falling like a brick with all the weight centered on him. Falling with the ferocious velocity of a rocket. But he didn't feel anything; to him, he was just sleeping. Oblivious to the fact that this might just be his last time.

His body clashed with the smooth, cold surface of water and that was when he realized that he just feel from far above. He quickly inhaled whatever little amount of air he could get in his mouth and felt himself going in. The harsh coldness of the water made his body feel like it was being pricked by a thousand needles at the same time. His limbs were already starting to lose sensation.

He tried his best to kick his feet, pushing the water as hard as he could. He desperately moved his arms to somehow save himself from this misery. His lungs felt like they were on fire from not getting oxygen. They demanded to expand and recoil along with the rhythm of breathing.

But Tyler couldn't help it. He kept going further down in, the sunshine kept getting dimmer. He exhaled, and watched as the expired air took the form of bubbles. It was a wonder really, how in the midst of him dying, he was finding this beautiful.

The light kept getting dim, slowly fading. Darkness threatened to engulf him and for the first time in his life, for the first time ever in his dream, he decided to let go. He felt tired. He knew he couldn't do anything to save himself this time. He closed his eyes as his body made it's way further down.

Suddenly, he felt like he was being pulled up, someone trying to save him, but who? He tried opening his eyes, but they refused to do so, due to the light from above. He couldn't make sense of it all. He was finally accepting his defeat, he was ready to face the other side, and yet he was being given another chance to live.

And that was when he saw those eyes. Those same green eyes. She was saving him from drowning. For the second time, she was there for him.

She pulled him closer so that he could feel the warmth radiate from her even in the freezing water. He still wasn't getting any oxygen, but then again, he didn't need it anymore. She was here now, and just her presence was enough to make him forget everything.

"I'm here now. I'll save you." There was her voice again; sweet as honey.

He was still trying to get his mind straight when she said, "Wake up, Tyler. Wake up."

I seriously hope you guys aren't getting bored and have planned to stick with this story cuz I'm telling you it's gonna get soooo better!
- H <3