Chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to my bestest friend in the whole wide world, my idjit, my soul sister, my partner is dirty thinking, Saba (Saba_saeed22) I LOVE YOU!
Oh, and I've uploaded the song song "Misery" as well, in case y'all wanna hear it when the scene comes.
- H <3

If I thought I was good at bowling, then Cassandra is a pro at it.

She owns this game! She makes a strike every time. I, on the contrary, have been struggling to knock down all the pins in a single try, but to no avail. I know I've lost by a wide margin, but I need to nail this last shot. Cassandra sticks her tongue out at me and I mouth "I hate you". She laughs and I make an annoyed face at her.

I inhale heavily and then exhale. Running swiftly, I throw the ball and silently pray for a miracle that it knocks down all the pins. It goes straight all the way but just at the end, diverts towards the right. The pins on that get knocked down, and they cause the pins next to them to fall as well. There's only two left. Crap. I've lost it bad. But then one pin rolls over and hits one of the remaining pin. It falls and spins and I swear to God, it takes forever for it to turn around and hit the last one. I hold my breath as the last pin rotates around it's edges. I hear Cassandra gasp out loudly as the pin falls.

Holy shit! IT'S A BLOODY STRIKE! HALLELUJAH! I jump and do my little happy dance by raising my arms up with my hands fisted and swaying my hips from side-to-side. She happily claps for me and comes over to join me in my dance. We're both giggling and chanting "Oh yeah! Oh yeah!" and totally lost in the moment.

It's when a couple of teenagers walk past us, eyeing us like we're crazy, that we stop. We just stand awkwardly there, unsure of what to do. We both accidentally look at each other at the same time and laugh. I elbow her playfully and she smacks me lightly on the arm. We both make our way to one of the couches and order cheese burgers and French fries.

I've always liked this place. There's orange yellow lighting all over the place, with a lighter shade near the bowling area. Actually, if you notice properly, there's a bit of a bluish shade as well. There are snooker tables behind the bowling area. And the sofas all around are the best ones, so damn comfortable.

"Have you been here before?" I ask her as our food comes.

"Nope. This is my first time."

"And? First impressions?"

She smiles and says, "It's good. Not bad. The lighting is a bit weird, though."

"Aww come on!" I protest. "The lighting is the best part."

"It's okay. I would've preferred white lighting."

"You're so boring." I say and she sticks her tongue out at me.

"Speaking of first impressions," she says as she swallows her mouthful. "When I first met you, I actually thought you were a pervert."

I knew it! I knew she thought that!

I throw my head back in laughter and raise my hands in apology. "I'm sorry, I know our first meet and greet wasn't the most decent one."

She laughs and nods. She continues, "I can't believe you followed me!"

I shyly look down. "Please don't remind me. That was one of the most stupidest things I've ever done."

"You honestly freaked me out a little bit. I mean, you seemed like a decent guy, but you had this smug look on you, that one usually sees on arrogant guys. And I immediately had a feeling that you were a ladies man."