Chapter 40

You guys have been very patient so guess what? The wait is over babies!! #TyssandraKiss is here!!
- H <3

The ride back to Queens is mostly quiet, with only a little bit of small talk every now and then.

It's not that we're uncomfortable, it's just that we're both overflowing with emotions and feelings for each other. I have never wanted to be with someone as much I want to be with her. I have never felt the need to make someone mine, but I want to make her mine. My mind is racing with thoughts, it's showing me every possible scenario that I can go through. And all those scenarios end up with me being with Cass. I know she feels the same way, because I can sense this nervous energy radiating between us.

"That was fun, wasn't it?"

"Yeah. It was.." I honestly can't even speak properly right now because I have all these feelings directed at her and all of them involve kissing.

We didn't kiss when the song ended at Times Square. We just stared at each other for a long time, absorbing every feature in. For example, I noticed for the first time, that she has extremely small and light freckles on the tip of her nose. It was literally like we were frozen in time; our gaze holding each other captive. I know I was ready to kiss her, to feel the taste of her lips on mine, but for some reason I didn't. I eventually let her go. Since then we've been quiet.

We reach the lane her house resides in but I notice that there is no space for parking near her place. There are cars all along the side.

"Why are there so many cars here today?" I ask her.

"I don't- Oh!" She shakes her head as she remembers. "My neighbours are having a party. You can just park here, I'll walk."

I park the car in the empty spot which is quite some distance from her house. We both get out and I join her on her side.

"I'll walk you home." I say as we both start walking. I'm glad I'm wearing a tux and she has a coat because it's actually chilly tonight. The street is lonely with Cassandra's neighbour's house the only source of noise and activity.

"I had a great time tonight. Thank you for such an amazing time." She gives me a warm smile, her face a mixture of happiness and shyness.

"I should be the one thanking you." I chuckle. "Thank you for saying yes and being my date."

She ducks her head and tucks her hair. God, how much I wanna do that for her. I'm so in love with this simple gesture that I even know that it's the same lock of hair on the right side which keeps coming loose and she keeps tucking it in. And every time she does it, I have to physically keep my hands under control from touching them.

There's loud music blasting from her neighbour's house.

"Talk about a quiet, peaceful society, huh?" She sarcastically says and I smirk.

"What's the party about?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. They aren't exactly friendly people."

We reach her house and walk towards the porch. She unlocks the door but doesn't go in yet. Instead she turns around and leans against it. I'm standing on the porch steps, leaning against the pillar.

She looks so beautiful. I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying this. She's lightly leaning against the door with a tired smile on her face, almost as if she's intoxicated. It's quite a flirtatious look.

"Did I tell you that you look absolutely stunning?"

She blushes and closes her eyes. "You did.. Thank you.."