Chapter 45

"How can you not like The Walking Dead? How can anyone not like that show?!"

I was shocked. The Walking Dead is one of the best shows to ever come on TV. It's gruesome and terrorizing and just so gripping. The story is fascinating and each and every zombie is life like! Plus, it shows how much you have to sacrifice and lose in life sometimes, and how much strength you need to have to endure.

"I just don't!" Cassandra whines. "It's not my type of a TV show."

"Yeah? What's your type? Desperate Housewives?"

"Oh, shut up." She annoyingly hits me.

We're both at Central Park, lying on the grass. This place has honestly become our favourite spot. Any time we're free, we come here to meet each other. After our little kitchen incident two days back, we haven't really been that much intimate. I don't know, I guess we're both a bit nervous.

"I like comedy TV shows. For example, Friends or Raising Hope etcetera. They're always light and they make you forget your worries."

"Weirdo." I blurt.

"Hey! No judging."

I raise my hands in surrender and smirk. We lie in silence for a while, appreciating the comfort between us.

Then I decide to speak. "Hey, Cass?"

"Yeah?"

"I think, I.." I trail off, not able to complete my sentence. How can I? How can I just possibly tell her that I'm madly in love with her? That she is the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. How do I say it out loud? How do I say it to her?

"What's wrong?" She asks as she turns her body towards me to lean on her left arm.

She's wearing the same yellow summer dress I once saw her wear in my dream. It looks so good on her; so fresh and light. The necklace I gave her hangs loosely from her neck, the carnation pendant dangling from it. I bring my hand to her face and trail her cheek with my finger. How can someone be so mesmerizing? How can anyone be so alluring?

"You drive me crazy.." I softly mumble.

She brings my hand to her lips and kisses it gently. "You are crazy, Tyler Chase."

"Do you ever think about the future? How it'll be like, who you'll be with?"

She frowns and pouts her lips. "Not really. I believe we should only focus on the present. I mean, I don't know what'll happen ten years from now. Hell, I don't even know what'll happen tomorrow. So I try not to think about it."

"But.." I start. "How can you not? Everyone makes plans, how can you just not even consider?"

"Tyler.." She brings her hand and cups my cheek. "There are some things that we know nothing about, things that will slowly be revealed to us at the right time. Just like that, we don't know anything about the future. I'm not stopping you from making plans, but I'm just advising you to not obsess over them."

I feel a sense of calm settle over me as I absorb her words. She speaks with so much accuracy, so much honesty, that I can't help but admire the strength that her words hold.

I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna tell her right now. I'll tell her that I love her, that she is the only one who lives permanently in my mind and that no matter how much I want, I can't get her out of there. I'll tell her that I want to make her mine, and be hers for as along as we shall live.

I swallow as my stomach twists into knots and my head feels light. I can only hope and wish she feels the same way.

"Cass, I-"

"Did you hear that?" She cuts me off.

I frown. "Hear what?"

She sits up and her face is twisted in concentration as she tries hard to listen. "Thunder.. I hear thunder.."

"No way, I checked the weather forecast and nothing as such was predic-"

A loud roaring sound of thunder cuts me off. We both look at each other with wide eyes and before I have time to process, it starts raining.

And it's not light drizzling, it's raining cats and dogs! It's raining elephants and rhinos! It doesn't even take a minute for us to get wet; completely soaked from skin to bone.

"We could go to my apartment, it's pretty near from here." I tell her, shielding my eyes from the heavy droplets of water.

"Yes, yes, please!"

I grab her hand and start running. Even though the weather is quite bad, it feels so good to run with the water and air hitting my face.

"Why are we running?!" She shouts as she tries to keep up with my pace.

"I didn't bring my car!"

"What?! Are you crazy?!"

I laugh out loud, feeling like a little kid. "I didn't know the weather would be like this!"

"Shit! I'm so wet!" She squeals.

"I wonder which kind of wet." I turn my face and manage to wink at her.

"You're such a big pervert!" She says while giggling, her face absolutely flushed.

I don't care the weather is bad, I don't care that I'm gonna catch a cold, all I know is that I'm running in the rain with the girl I love. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm publishing the next chapter as well, so it's like a double update. I just thought that this one and the next one have to go together. Enjoy!
- H <3