Chapter 7

His breathing was ragged, and his legs were about to give up on him.
But he still ran. He kept running, determined to reach his destination.

Destination? What even was that in this dream? He had absolutely no clue to where he was headed. He had no idea how long he had been running, how much distance he had covered, or most importantly, where exactly he was running to.
His whole body was aching from exhaustion, yet he still kept running. He kept moving like his life depended on it.

Maybe it did. After all, he didn't know. Maybe someone was after him. Maybe there wasn't a destination he was running to, but something he was escaping from. He had no clue. He just kept running.

There were trees everywhere, and twigs and branches hit hm, scratching his face. But he didn't care. He stumbled quite a few times as well, but he still kept on moving. He wanted to stop, but something deep in his gut told him to keep moving forward. And so he ran.

He saw someone standing some distance apart from him, so that he could only see a lean figure, wearing jeans a light blue shirt. Her hair was open and reached her waist, her curls looked like rings. He automatically slowed down and gradually reached a normal, walking pace. She turned around and that was all he needed to forget the exhaustion. His breathing got normal and his heart beat gradually came back to its original rhythm. He felt calm again.

It was her. The green eyed girl of his dreams. But now, she was also the girl he met that day. It was her, in the same attire he saw her in. She looked even more beautiful.

He came to a standstill and just looked at her, while she watched him carefully with a smile on her face.

"It's you.." He managed to say.

Her lipes curved the slightest bit and she said, "It's me." The sight of her walking towards him made his head a bit dizzy, and he couldn't move even if he wanted to. Somehow he found Hus voice and said, "You're the one.. You're here.."

She raised her hand and gently pressed her fingertips to the scratches he had on his face. With every touch, he felt the wound heal, he felt himself being healed. He wanted to touch her, to feel what she felt like. But he couldn't move his hands, they were just hanging loosely by his side. She sighed and said, "I told you, I'm here now."

"I want to know you." He blurted. "I need to know you."

"So you shall." She whispered.
"Wake up, Tyler. Wake up."