Chapter 86: Visits to the Overhangs.

Start from the beginning

"So what brings you here?" Zeke asks, eyebrows raised. His face looks tinted and shadowed in the pale darkness. Ty almost looks like a reflection of his father- their emerald green eyes and smooth brown hair.

Ty looks down at the candles, his eyes glittering and shimmering, then back up at his mother. "We have news." He licks his lips as he reaches over and interlaces our fingers, a smile creeping onto his face.

Shauna smiles at us, her hands on her lap, the needle and thread still on the table. Zeke looks confused. "Well what is it?" He asks, his eyes narrowed. Shauna rolls hers, playfully hitting Zeke on the shoulder as he slouches into the couch.

He looks from me, the smile growing wide as he opens up his mouth, to his expectant parents. "We're having another baby." Zeke stiffens.

"Do you know if it's a boy or a girl? Do you know how many? How long? Deets, man. Give me all the deets. You know, as in details? Yeah. Give them to me." He rambles.

Shauna smiles, laughing, and, in this pale darkness, I see a tear of joy and genuine happiness slip down her cheek.

>>

Ty wraps an arm around me protectively, and looks down at me, our eyes meeting each other's and not letting go until we blink. "I can't believe we're going to have another baby." Ty says in awe as he smiles. I smile too, not knowing what else to do or how else to respond.

"It's going to be nice." He adds, and I sigh. "Hey," he nudges me with his arm that's still wrapped around me. I look up at him expectantly. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I just feel like we're not going to have any time together, Ty." The words slip out quietly, a sigh of their own proportions.

"Baby," He speaks, "We'll always have time. And, as I've said before- if we don't have time, we'll make time." He closes, and I hug him as we continue to walk, but then he stops us.

He smirks sheepishly as he cups my cheeks with his hands, leaning down to kiss me, tilting his head the slightest bit before he does so. I feel a grin creep on my face when he pulls away. I wrap my arms around his neck, leaning our foreheads together.

"This is it, Ty. This is the start of another new chapter. Another new addition. And I look very forward to going through it all with you by my side." I breathe. He kisses me again, placing his hands on my sides, drifting up to stay placid on my rib cage.

"I am too." He says simply, a cheeky smile plastered across his face.

This moment, this little infinity, if you will, is what I hold onto in my darkest moments. When things aren't at their best, I think back to a time when they were, and that time is now. That time is right now- this moment, this little infinity.

It's ours to hold, ours to remember, ours to never forget, and ours to keep.

>> Four

I sit in the control room, my eyes scanning over each tape for anything suspicious in the compound, the city. My mind isn't really here right now. I still can't get over the fact that Maddie is having another baby.

It pains me to say this, but she really is growing up. She's not the little girl she used to be anymore. She's tough and strong- she's a woman, she's just like her mother.