Chapter 34: Just A Friend

Start from the beginning

Is she the reason why you were all happy?

JB slightly peeped at Melanie to see her expressionless, clenching her teeth. Finally she could feel what he felt; seeing the one you like around the opposite gender.

"What's up Mark!" Jackson said and then went, "Wow Gui Gui, it's really you?"

"You are...?"

"Jackson! It's me Jackson!"

"Oh Jackson?? Wow, your voice!"

"I know right? I'm a man now!" he shouted proudly before laughing.

"Happy to hear that your laugh is still the same." she giggled quietly, pleased to hear it once again in a longtime.

The guys came closer to greet her properly, giving friendly hugs. Melanie became more perplexed as the girl was just coming out of nowhere, but the guys seemed to know her very well. How come she has not heard about her before, even from Mark?

"Mark...?" she finally spoke up, wanting to grab some attention from him.

Gui Gui turned her head to the sound of Melanie's voice...a girl calling for Mark.

"Yeah, uh Emma I present to you Melanie."

Melanie came further to shake her hand, "Hi, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Emma softly responded and turned her head to Mark, "...Girlfriend?" she suddenly asked.

Melanie gulped noisily and only let out a "Hm?" even though she heard clearly. Mark was also late to say anything, as he seemed flustered. The two haven't talked about that yet, even if they clearly liked each other a lot.

Emma spoke up in her bright personnality, "Well it doesn't seem so. It's just that this morning when I was with Mark, he received two missing calls from you. Knowing it was from a girl, I thought that you two must be close. However, we were such in a hurry to go eat together that he hasn't took them, saying it wasn't important. So, I didn't know what to think..."

He thought my calls weren't important? Melanie thought as she frowned. She only let out a "Ah..."

"Y-Yeah. S-She's not my girlfriend...just, a friend." Mark hesitated a little while stuttering.

JB squinted his eyes, not believing him. Why would he lie, they were obviously more than that, no? Jackson looked both at Melanie and Mark, trying to decipher their expressions. Jr only looked at Melanie, but discreetly.

The little ones were just doing like they haven't heard anything. And Youngjae, just listened to the conversation normally.

"Oh then that's a relief, if not I wouldn't be able to spend time with Mark uh? And when I think about it, you haven't really told me about a girlfriend..." Emma concluded while nudging Mark on the side.

It felt like Melanie just received a big slap on her face; she was just a friend.

They would hug, they would say affectionate words to each other, they would protect each other, they would kiss. In the end, she was just a friend? Something didn't feel right.

Her body started heating up quite quickly as she would glare at the both of them with angry eyes. Her heart hurt, and not just a little.

Is Mark throwing her away because of that Emma?

Okay, it was true that they didn't made official their relationship, but he could had said something like a "dear" friend or "an important" friend, a "lovable" friend or "precious" friend. Whatever the adjective in the front, just stating friend only was a pure shame.