- IV -

Kaia POV

I try and sneak my eyes behind the corner.

They're still there.

I woke up this morning to the sound of clicking and shouting. I looked out my window to see a huddle of people with cameras placed against their eyes.

I had immediately woken up Lia to show her. And of course, Lia went on to Twitter to see that #LouisMysteryGirl was trending.

That's what showed me that these people are out there for me.

"Lia" I half whisper, half yell. "They're still here."

"Ugh" Lia complains. "They're blocking the door and I really want to go across the street and get McDonald's for lunch."

"I bought the frozen pizza yesterday" I say. "Why can't you eat that?"

"Because I want McDonald's!" She protests.

We wait around for them to leave for a while until Lia gives up.

"That's it" she exclaims. "I'm going for the food."

She grabs her purse and slips on her shoes.

Within seconds I can see Lia pushing through the group of people, occasionally swearing at them and shoving past them.

She stomps her way across the street.

The paparazzi continued waiting outside. Some even started buzzing the button to call my apartment.

Like I would in any situation, I went on Twitter.

Before writing a new message, I opened my notifications tab to see that so many people have started following me.

"Oh my god" I quietly whisper to myself.

I go to write a new tweet.

Hey guys. I know I've been kinda popular in the media lately. All that was happening that day at Starbucks was just me meeting Louis for the first time in a while. And to the paps, please get out of the way. My friend only wanted McDonald's.

I upload it to my Twitter and throw my phone down onto my bed.

How do famous people deal with this everywhere they go?

I turn on the telly to distract me a bit. It doesn't help very much because all of the channels are reporting about Louis' mystery girl.

After giving up on the cable, I grab my laptop to begin playing Netflix. That's just as good as TV. Maybe even better.

I continue watching a movie I had started last week until Lia bursts into the room.

I look up to see that her clothes have been tampered with and her hair is messier than before. She's also clutching a McDonald's paper bag.

"Can you please tell them to leave?" She asks desperately.

"What am I supposed to say?" I ask. "Anything I do say will be in next months issue of PopNews as an exclusive interview with Louis' mystery girl."

"Just wait till the next page and then you can tell them to get away" Lia says, gesturing to the speaker next to my door.

As if on cue, the speaker buzzes signalling someone has paged up.

"Can you please leave me alone?!?!" I ask, nearly yelling into the small box.

Voices begin to rise on the other side and I can hear the clicking of cameras.