- Prologue -

(Edited)

Kaia

When Lia told me she wanted to study at the library at noon, I wasn't expecting her to be almost two hours late.

Where are you???????

I text her, sighing.

I decided to just leave at this point because she's not coming.

I throw my books into my bag head off towards my apartment.

As I walk through the paths outside my school, I sigh at the couples holding hands, strolling through the autumn leaves.

I was never really the one who had lots of boyfriends. I envy the people who do it so easily.

I had a crush on a guy in high school, I barely remember him though. I used to vision us being one of these couples, the ones with intertwined fingers, gorgeous pictures together online, perfect.

It just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

I eventually reach my apartment's door and search my bag for the key.

When the handle turns, opening the door, I can see a sleeping Lia, sprawled across her bed.

I drop my bag in anger and stomp towards her.

"Lia!" I yell, shoving her in anger. "Wake up!"

Lia jumps up in her bed and looks dazed until she sees my angered face.

"I... I, uh," she stutters.

"Two hours!" I cry. "Two hours of my life I spent in the library waiting for you to find out that you were sleeping?"

"I'm sorry!" She admits, throwing her hands up in surrender. "It's just, Jeremiah came over while I was leaving and we chatted for a bit and, yeah... And when he left, I was tired and I completely forgot I'm so sorry, Kai!"

I sigh.

She knows I can't stay mad at her.

"Okay, but next time don't leave me waiting, please?" I beg of her.

The campus library isn't my favourite place. The librarian is the super cliché old woman, tight bun, glasses, she's pretty much this century's Professor McGonagall. So being alone in there for like two hours was not fun.

"I promise!" Lia smiles, suffocating me in a hug.

When she finally softens her grip, I take a step back.

"Can we go get coffee?" I ask her.

><><><><><><><><

I'd be lying if I said that coffee wasn't very important in my life.

I basically live off coffee. Coffee is what makes my life work. If coffee wasn't real, I would be dead.

Lia and I sit in the local coffee shop, discussing things such as school, family, her boyfriend...

Notice how I said her not our.

Oh wait, I've cleared that up already.

Lia's eyes suddenly perk up, as if she had forgotten something and remembered it.

"I've been meaning to tell you something!" She exclaims.

"What?" I ask.

"Have you heard of the band One Direction?" Lia asks.

"Kind of rings a bell. Why?" I reply.

"One of the boys went to our high school."

"Really? Which one?"

"Louis Tomlinson."

A/N: I know it was short but here's the prologue of Coffee Date!

Hope you enjoyed :)

Claire,
AKA cthanrahan

(All chapters currently unedited)

A message from future Claire: oH mY gOd is the beginning of this book cringy??? I promise you my writing gets better as it goes on!!! So keep reading so you can see how much I've improved! :D