Chapter 80: The Overview: Drama.

ابدأ من البداية

"This is Ariana's son. Do you not remember Lucas?" I ask him. He shakes his head. "Uri's kids are too hard to keep track of." He dismisses the subject, and I sigh.

"What did you really come here to talk about?" I ask him. He leans forward, his expression serious.

"Your family is under attack. Jordan was never taken down and now he's trying to work with the Erudite to kill you and Hannah. He wants Maddie, Ty. Watch your back." He says.

"Four and I are trying to pinpoint his location, and when we do, he's going to be sent to Factionless without his memory." Zeke closes.

"Someone in my own family wants me dead." I say, puffing out a breath.

"Yes, Ty. But he's trying to work with the Erudite because they want the strongest developed Divergent sent to them for testing." Zeke licks his lips.

"I don't know if they know about Maddie- probably, but they don't know about you or Hannah. Yet." He says, and I feel his final words before his exit echo in my brain. "Stay hidden."

>> Maddie

I stand in front of the knife targets in the training room, watching two people fight it out in the chalk ring on the floor.

Uriah stands beside me, scribbling something down. I cross my arms, until Cynthia comes toward me. "I've gotta go. Can you take over training?" She asks me. I nod before even thinking.

She runs out, and I feel sick. I haven't trained initiates since all of my bad luck with the last round. I feel my breathing hitch as I turn to the initiates.

One boy, who's rather large, beats another boy- a tiny boy. Blood is now beginning to splatter on the ground, and I scream, "That is enough!" I turn to the board when the boys stop, and circle the large boy's name- Jesse.

He pounds his chest, standing up in a manly manner. I feel like throwing up. "Can someone take Leon to the infirmary?" I ask, and a girl raises her hand, walking over to Leon.

"Thank you..." I trail off, not knowing her name. "Summer." She confirms for me, and I nod at her as she turns, walking away with Leon's arm slung over her shoulder.

>>

"Be here at eight sharp tomorrow!" I shout at the initiates, then turn to Uriah. "So," I say to him. He looks up, and grins.

"This seems like a good group." He grins widely now, scribbling something else down before hanging the clipboard up. I nod, my full attention actually placed in my own mind- on my thoughts.

"Mads, what's wrong?" I stop pacing and look up at the sound of Uriah's voice. I shake my head. "Something's wrong." He says, and he's not wrong.

"I just... I just feel like something's going to happen. Something bad. I hope Ty's okay babysitting Luke, too." I look up at the ceiling as I walk back to the table, where I was sitting, beside Uriah.

"Jordan's been acting strangely lately... It's kind of scaring me, actually." Uriah says. My eyes widen.

"I thought you said he was taken down?!" I exclaim, an angry edge to my voice. Uriah sighs. "I'm rounding a group together that will take him down- including Zeke, Shauna, Mar, and your parents." He sighs.