♚ Chapter 14♚

Start from the beginning

When I thought it's my cue to introduce myself. I was about to give him a curtsy but then, I suddenly remembered that I'm no longer under my father's wing. Instead, I extended my arm and said, "I am Tasha. A pleasure to meet you."

He took my hand and gave it a firm shake. "The pleasure is all mine, mademoiselle." He said with a smile full of glee. I was stunned at how genuine his smile is. Are my eyes tricking me or something? Now, looking at him made me think twice about my first impression towards him. He seems...what's the word?...ah yes...nice.

I look at his side and saw the blonde girl giving me a glare but I didn't pay much attention to it. I look at the guy on my side and saw him creasing his forehead.

Okay? What's his problem?

"Welcome to my humble abode Mr. Montblac and Ms. Tasha." He looks at his watch and smiles knowingly.

"I better go. The party is about to start. Hope you enjoy your stay and make it worth it." He said with a promise.

When the couple is nowhere in sight, I faced Axel with a frown. "Now what?" I asked.

"We wait." He simply said.

"Wait for what?" I look at him in confusion.

Suddenly, the lights of the whole ballroom turned off.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." A loud voice boom into the whole ballroom. "Welcome to the Home of Black Trade." He finished then a single spotlight lit in the middle of the room. It revealed a man wearing a black suit and a black hat. His face is covered with a silver mask that reflects the light of the spotlight that made it hard to look at his face.

He continues to deliver his speech until it's time to reveal the first product. "The Sword of Excalibur." There's a glass container appeared from below where a metal sword is kept. There are runes imprinted on the body of the weapon.

"What did he just say?" I said in astonishment. Did I just hear it correctly? I look at Axel trying to squeeze some answers from him. "Excalibur? Really?" I said incredulously.

"Excalibur is a mythical sword of King Arthur that is believed to have magical powers..." The announcer continues to speak about the sword that made me look at the weapon with uncertainty.

No matter what he said, it sounds plain bogus!

"What's wrong with that?"

"It's a freaking legendary sword!" I exclaimed making those around turn their heads at us. "Sorry." I apologized.

I receive a glare from Axel.

I lowered my voice that only Axel can hear.I got enough embarrassing moments for today and I don't want to add more to it. "Does that thing really exist? Who in their right mind would buy some-" I stopped halfway on what I was going to say when I heard somebody bid..."A million euros!"

I gaped at it.

"It's up to you whether you believe it or not. I won't bother myself with that thing. It doesn't interest me. " He said and just shrugged.

The people continue to big on the weapon. And when I say bid, we're talking about millions of euros.

"Was that really necessary to spend that much money for a... mere sword?" Thinking about how unbelievable their description towards that weapon. They're talking about magic. Does that even exist? "They didn't even know if it's the real thing or not."

"It's their luxury to have those kinds of stuff in their home. Besides, they got lots of money to spend."

"They should have donated it to the charity instead if they got that much money," I said thinking of how many people they can help using that amount of money.

"Not everyone is like you." He simply said making my forehead crease.

"What?"

"We better start searching. Let's go." He said ignoring my question and pull me along with him.

We stopped in the corner when we saw a few men in black guarding the door. There are even a few CCTV cams installed.

"How are we suppose to get past those?" I said motioning my hands to the culprits of my distress.

Axel fish out something out of his pocket. It was his phone, the one he always carries. He's typing something in it and I saw codes flashing on the screen.

"What's that?" I ask in wonder. I can't even follow the numbers and letters being flashed.

"Wear this," Axel said handing me his black shades. I took it but I'm still confused on why do I need to wear it. The room is dark and I don't think it's advisable to wear this.

"We got ten minutes before everything went back to normal so get ready." He said. " Ready the phone I gave you. It will be used if something happens."

I took out my phone and turn it on. Suddenly, I heard a loud buzzing sound and everything went black. We heard a few people gasp and made a commotion because of the sudden blackout.

"What the. I can't see." I said as I tried to locate Axel.

"I told you to wear the damn shades."

I immediately do as he says and now I can finally see. Even though it's not that clear, I can see everyone around me.

"Let's go. I told you we only got ten minutes before the lights will be back." He pulled my hand and started to run. We encountered a few guards but we just ran past them. They didn't even notice us. Thanks to this shades, I can see in the dark. I can even see Axel's face but what caught my attention is he's not wearing a shade like I did. How is he able to see in the dark? Maybe he got night vision contact lenses. I do wonder.

"It's over here. " He said and made a turn in the corner.

"It's a dead end," I said looking at the wall.

"No. We're on the right path. There's a room on the other side of this door. We need to find the switch." He said while touching every corner of the wall. He thinks that there's some sort of a switch that will make the wall magically open for us.

Suddenly, we heard several footsteps heading in our way. That made me panic.

"They're here!" I whisper-yell at my companion but right on cue, I heard a clicking sound that made the wall open and reveals another dark hallway.

Axel immediately drags me along inside with him.

"Now what?" I asked him looking at the wall as it completely closes shutting us inside.

End of Chapter 14