Celebrations & Tragedies | part 2

Beginne am Anfang

"And do you have proof of this accusation?" the officiant asked. I was hoping that my dear friend would say no. Hoping that this whole thing was some dumb prank that they were secretly filming to get a million views on youtube. I was desperately wishing that this situation wasn't real.

"Yes, I do. I participated in the act." The low hum of chatter increased as I turned my head to Michael to see his reaction to the whole thing. He looked pissed off, but more annoyed than anything. He didn't even look at me, his hard stayed glued to my friend where she stood in the second row.

"Please.. tell me this is a joke." I said, looking from Michael to Naya. They both were silent for a couple of seconds. She looked at him as if she was waiting for him to speak and when he didn't, she sucked her teeth and spoke herself.

"This has been going on for a while. I wanted Michael to man up and tell you himself, but clearly he never planned to. I have texts and voicemails proving this to be true, I don't have to lie."

"Seriously, Naya? This is when you do this? Right now?!" Michael asked. His voice was really loud, he was almost yelling.

"Well you shouldn't have told me you would! Then, maybe, I wouldn't have had to take matters into my own hands! You're a selfish bastard! Take your cheap ass ring back, I don't want it!" She took a ring off her finger and threw it at Michael before walking out of the building. It bounced off his shoulder and landed between the two of us on the floor. I looked down at it, seeing that not only was it a real ring but it was a little nicer than the one he got me.

I slowly looked up at him, tears forming in my eyes. There were a mixture of emotions running through my body right now. I felt so angry, hurt, betrayed and tricked. This is way different from a simple one night stand, this is intentional, conscious, long-term cheating. It's clearly been going on for at least a few months, maybe even longer. I felt sick to my stomach thinking about how long this could've possibly been going on. My whole entire relationship with this man could have been one big lie.

I waited for him to say something, anything, but he just looked at me. He looked guilty and full of remorse, but he clearly didn't feel too bad because he never even tried to apologize before I ran out of the room.

I made my way to my dressing room and ripped off the dress as fast I could before collapsing to the floor. Now the subtle tears that fell down my cheeks came with full sobs. I wasn't able to hold in my pain anymore. I couldn't believe all of the time I wasted trying to build a relationship, a life, with someone who would do me so wrong with not even so much as a "I'm sorry" to say for it.

He didn't care about me. I was so happy for this day and I felt so bad about what happened with Justin only to find out he's been having an entire relationship with another woman, my friend. Even if me and Naya aren't best friends, I still would never think she'd do something like that to me.

I jumped when I felt two arms wrap around me and opened my eyes to see two sleeves rolled up on the familar tattooed arms that I love. I wrapped my arms around Justin's torso and buried my head into his chest, not caring if I messed up his white dress shirt with my makeup. I was hurting right now and he's the only one who could bring me comfort.

"I know you're hurt, babe, just let it all out." Justin told me. He rubbed my bare back slowly as I sobbed like a baby. This went on for what felt like hours but was probably nothing more than twenty or thirty minutes. When the tears wouldn't fall anymore, I opened my eyes and just sat there, playing with a button on Justin's shirt.

"I'm so stupid." I spoke, lowly.

"No, you're not. Don't ever say that."

"But I am. I thought he was in love with me. I thought he wanted to build a life and family with me, but he didn't. I'm so stupid." I said.

"There's no way you could've known what he was up to. He fed you lies that you believed because you didn't have a reason not to. Don't ever feel bad or dumb for trusting who you're in love with. That's what you're supposed to do." Justin told me. I nodded my head to show that I was listening to him. I guess he was right, but the ache in my heart didn't want to listen to him right now.

"Do you think it was karma... for what we did?" I asked him.

"Maybe it was his karma since I'm sure he was doing this way before that night even happened." he responded.

"And I felt so bad about it. Thinking he was the perfect man and I did something to him that he didn't deserve. So stu-"

"Call yourself stupid again, y/n, and we're going to have problems." Justin said, cutting me off. It made me smile. At least I still had a friend who cares about me and loves me as much as he does. That's something to be thankful for.

I raised my head to look at his face. He looked down at me with concern in his hazel eyes. I could tell that he was worried about me. He brought up one hand to my face and rubbed a thumb under my eye, wiping away the tears and mascara that probably still laid there.

"Thank you for being here for me. Everyone else probably left." I told him.

"Only because I told them to. I knew you wouldn't want to face everyone right now and you shouldn't have to." he said. I continued to look at him as a smile spread across my face. He smiled back at me.

"Come on, let's get you home." He stood up first then helped me up. He grabbed the robe I wore earlier off the couch and helped me slip it on since I was just in my bra and underwear after taking off the dress. He found the tank and yoga pants along with the shoes that I wore when I arrived here and handed them to me, watching as I put them on.

"Can I have some privacy?" I asked, stepping into my pants. He just smirked and the moment he did, I knew something slick would come out of his mouth.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." he said. My mouth dropped and I threw a pillow from the couch in the room at him. He caught it and laughed.

"I thought you didn't remember." I told him.

"I remember enough. Bits and pieces came to me when I sobered up. You were amazing, by the way." he said. My mouth dropped again and he laughed.

"That is so wrong I'm not even going to comment on it." I said, making him laugh harder. After I put on my shoes I grabbed my bag and the dress before following him to the door.

"I really appreciate you, Justin. I love you and everything you do for me." I told him. He was holding the door open and waiting for me to go through when I kissed him on the cheek as a small token of my appreciation.

"You know I'll always be there for you. I love you, too." he told me. A smile spread across my face as I walked through the door and we left the church.

-

don't have a question, but comment a time where one of your best friends was there for you when you needed them.

donnybear is there for me every single day & i truly appreciate her. & me and my other bestie were fighting when my brother died, but she dropped all of her anger towards me to be there for me. (even if she didn't have a reason to be mad at me in the first place but i digress. lol)

friends are really important. we should tell them how the time how much we appreciate them.