I hadn't realized how close I had gotten to her. I was so absorbed in telling her something that I've always wanted to explain people, sharing what I've never shared with anyone, that I hadn't realized that both of us were leaning way too much and there were only a few inches between our faces. She gulps and her lips part, as she takes a nervous breath. I quickly move back, my face hot from the close proximity of her.

"Well, that was deep.." I trail off.

"So you took the easy way out?"

Her question is so abrupt that she catches me off guard.
"I.. No.. I didn't just take an easy way out.."

"I'm kidding!" She laughs nervously, embarrassed by her question. "I apologize, that was a very rude question."

I give her a grateful smile, because that was actually weird. It was like asking a stranger how much they earn.

"You really like your job, don't you?" She questions me.

I look at her and notice that it wasn't actually a question she asked, rather it was a statement. A statement that can only be deduced after focused observation.

"I do.. Yeah.."

She gives me a crooked smile and says, "It was prominent from the way you were explaining everything. Like you're passionate. I honestly thought you'd be one of those people who don't really think what they're doing but just go along with whatever seems okay for the time being. But what you just told me, your view point regarding what you do and how you feel, I must say I'm quite impressed."

I smile slightly and nod.

"But that's not really the case, is it? That you were passionate so you opted for this. There's something else too, isn't there?"

I'm stunned. I am actually shocked and okay, I admit, now I'm actually speechless. How can someone have such great observation skills? This is just ridiculous.

I smirk in response and say, "You really are something, you know. I've had some deep moments with you that I can't even think of having with anyone. I've shared stuff with you that I would never tell anyone. You keep surprising me."

She puts her palms flat on the table and leans in. Clearing her throat she says, "Tyler Chase, there's a lot you don't know about me."

She winks at me and I throw my head back in laughter saying, "Touché".

She looks at her watch to check the time and then slowly starts getting up.
"I should go, I've got some cleaning to do at home and then there's work tomorrow."

I get up as well and ask, "Do you want a ride?"

"Oh, no!" She waves her hand. "I'm gonna take my usual route. Don't worry about it. Besides, I live in Queens, it'll take you almost an hour to drop me and then come back."

"I will take you home some day." I realize a bit too late that what I've said sounds really, really wrong.

She bites her lip and tries suppressing her bubbling laughter. Oh God, this is embarrassing. She presses her lips and teasingly says, "Sure. I'd love it if you take me home."

I rub the back of my neck and shyly look at her while she giggles a bit. We go outside and walk towards my car.

"Alright, I'll see you later." She says and gives a small wave.

"Wait!" She stops at my sudden call and I panick. Why did I stop her again?

"Uh.. I was wondering.. Well, it's nothing big or anything. But like, I was thinking if, you know.."

She raises her eyebrows in question, waiting for me to continue but it's like my mind has given up on me and I can't come up with words.

I clear my throat and try again, "I was wondering if you'dliketohangoutforawhilewhenyougetfreefromworktomorrow?"

The fuck did I just say?

"Okay.. I didn't get anything you said.." She looks really confused.

Tyler, please, for the love of God, stop it.

"I was wondering.. If.. You would like to.. Um, hang out with me.. Tomorrow. When you get free from work. Yeah. There."

Her face is expressionless. I have absolutely no clue what's going on in her head. But then she starts laughing and says, "Of course! Yeah that sounds like fun. Sure!"

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath. I grin and give her a thumbs up saying, "Alright! Great. So I'll come at 7 then?"

She nods and says, "7 it is."

I swallow and take a step back, leaning on my car.

I can't stop looking at her. It's like there's this invisible force that's pulling me towards her. I'm looking in her green eyes when I say, "See you tomorrow, Cassandra."

She shyly tucks her hair and says, "See you tomorrow, Tyler."

We both nod and she turns around and leaves. I do my little happy dance when I get in the car and end up bumping my elbow on the window.

Crap.

This is honestly one of my favourite chapters. I dunno about you guys but I absolutely love Tyler!! He's such a cutie patootie like a tiny peanut nsnsjanwksnw ^-^
- H <3