Chapter 38: The Truth

Beginne am Anfang

"Sedrick" I cried as he and Malik began fighting in the hallway, smashing everything as they moved.

Sedrick was pinned to the ground, Malik above him, aiming to punch him in the jaw. Sedrick moved his head and Malik's hand got stuck in the floor boards. Sedrick used his brothers stuck hand to push him sideways, stand up and boot his brother in the stomach, causing Malik to smash his back against the wall. Sedrick threw himself at his brother, both of them punching each other and growling like animals, moving around the room at vampire speed.

Marcus joined in their fighting, trying to rip Sedrick from Malik but failing. Blood was going everywhere and I was afraid of whose it was.

Julian smiled at me, showing me his fangs and I felt reminded by the time he had bitten me, my first ever experience with fangs and it wasn't anything I wanted to remember.

"Finally, I get to finish the job I started all that time ago and this time its even better because it's going to hurt Sedrick personally!" Julian said and then moved to in front of me.

I kicked him but he dodged and then grabbed me by the shoulders and put me against the wall.

He lunged for my throat.

I screamed as he bit me but my scream was interuptted by an even louder noise and Julian was flung from me.

"What the hell is going on?" Serena asked, she'd been the one to fling Julian away from me.

She was like a fiery goddess, black hair flowing down her shoulders, her pale skin flawless and her expression not one to be messed with. Already she was glaring at everything and everybody in the room, trying to take in what had happened.

I put a hand to my throat and slid down on to the floor, Julian was about to charge at me again before Serena flung him down the hallway, making him crash and destroy some probably priceless artwork.

Sedrick was being pressed up against a wall by Marcus and Malik and he was looking down the hallway at me, he'd heard me scream.

"Tell me what the hell is going on before I rip all of your heads off!" Serena hissed, after the way I'd just seen her throw Julian down the hallway showed the strength she managed to keep hidden and I didn't want to be one the recieving end of the next time she lashes out.

The room fell silent, apart from Julian trying to clamber to his feet and Elizbeths cries, there was just silence.

"Do you wanna tell her or shall I brother?" Sedrick said venomously to Malik.

"How's about you go to hell!" he said and tried to attack Sedrick again but Serena yelled a 'stop' down the hallway and he immediately stopped.

"I'm getting impatient." Serena hissed at her brothers down the hall.

"Malik lied to you, to everybody." I said between tears.

"Oh how very melodramatic! This is all complete bullsh-" Malik began.

"Shut up Malik! I'm hearing the truth from her, not you." Serena said, "continue."

"He told everybody, even me, that me and him were soul mates even though we aren't. He made me feel terrified of Richard Mors so that I would marry him quicker and pretend that I loved him." I cried.

"You freaking what?" Serena said. She looked at Malik with anger on her face, digusted with her brothers behaviour. "Continue Candice and tell me everything, the whole truth."

"He-he made a deal with me and told me that I could go home after I did whatever he wanted, a blood binding. I thought that he just meant something like pretend to be his wife for a while or something like that but instead he made me go to the spirits and ask for them to get me to have Elizabeth for him." I choked, remembering how I'd felt when he'd told me what to do.