Chapter 29: The Broken Girl [Sedrirck]

A.N. - Hey Guys, give the song at the side whirl if you're open minded but lol if you're not and you listen to it. Anyway, thanks for reading and voting and being amazing people, 3000+ reads!!! you guys actually make my day, thankyou <333

Ever since Candice spoke to Malik the day I'd gotten staked, she's become a complete different person.

Since that day, she hasn't cried infront of me even once but I can see the tear marks when she wakes up in the morning, I can see the tracks where each of the tears that she shouldn't ever have to cry on her face and I...it made me feel helpless.

For those seven weeks, she's been broken, a dead look in her eyes, pale defeated skin, the glow of energy that always seemed to shine from her was gone and replaced with something that I never ever wanted to see.

The girl that I knew was no longer there, it was being replaced by something cold and so upsetting that I found it so difficult to bite my tongue when Malik had ordered her into getting a scan; I would have given my own life to have ended his and wipe the smug look from his face when he saw the state that she had become. But that wouldn't help her, nothing I could ever do could help her get through this and I know that I should have done something sooner to save her.

But there wasn't anything I could do, instead I had to watch her personality flood from her and change her into something that was lifeless and didn't want to fight or even speak.

Finding out the it was a girl hadn't even changed the way that Candice was looking on life, she wasn't saddened or even pleased, she just looked lifeless.  She hadn't even wanted to look at a picture or flinched when the screen was turned in her direction, she gazed into it with a hazey and glazed over look, similar to the one of a boy that can't get enough of his video games and so he spends his life on them. She looked lost.

She hadn't really said that much to me in a week and that's when I realised it was because Malik had decided to name her - that thing- and Candice had nothing to do with it.

It made me ache when I saw her staring into space, the lost and broken gaze  permanently etched into her.

I longed to be away from this sometimes...Well actually that was a lie, I longed to disappear all the time. I longed to escape the drama, all the noise and all the hurt...

Was there ever a way to come back from something like this? Was there away that I could stop feeling the black and empty pain that hurt each time I saw the look of disappointment, the look of being let down by me when I was the only person that could have saved her?

Was this how it ended? Me hating her for simply hurting....Could I really hate her for it? For wanting to feel something....

But she didn't anymore though, did she? She didn't cry, she didn't scream or beg to wake up from some nightmare. She didn't beg me to stop her from crying, she didn't even ask me anymore to take the pain away with compulsion...

And that was what bothered me the most, not knowing what was ticking on in that head of hers, could she really just go numb inside? Was it possible to just shut yourself off from the world and just pretend that it wasn't happening so that you wouldn't feel the hurt and the burning pains from it?

I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted to save her and change the way she was feeling but there was no way that I could save her and that killed me more than I wanted to admit.

I placed some food on a plate, even though she wouldn't be able to digest much of it before she sicks it all back up again, I sat across from her and studied her for about five minutes before speaking to her.