Chapter 9: Four Weeks of Hell

It had been a month exactly a month since the evil vampire kidnapped me and it felt no better then what it had done the first day.

Each day since Sedrick was forced to leave I began my routine the same, I would wake up late in the morning in Maliks room and then get dressed. Malik would then ask me to go to his throne room and I would but I never said a word to him and he never once even tried to speak to me, we would sit in silence for hours. He would then leave to go and sleep whilst I got to have food with Maddy and Levi. After that, I'd go back to the room, Malik would already be gone and then I spent the rest of the time I had of the day crying, isolation was lonely.

I counted the days, that's all there was to do.

I counted how many days there was until my mothers birthday, my brothers birthday, the anniversary of my fathers death, the amount of days there would have been before I was going on holiday with my mother, the amount of days left in the year, the amount of days I would have had to have worked to be able to afford a house....

I just counted.

I felt that it was all there was to hang onto.

It was something I could be proud of, it wasn't written down and so I was proving to myself that I could remember...

Of course I could remember, that's what I wanted to prove to Malik, that I could remember the faces of my family, that I could remember my hate towards him...

I knew he was begning to get impatient with my mood, he would click a pen as fast as he could or he would tap his fingers on the table, all the time staring at me as if he were trying to click some sort of response from me.

Instead, I looked away, starring at the walls with a blank expression, proud of the annoyance it made him feel.

Right now I felt proud.

I felt proud that for the past three weeks since I've had the vampire attack scar, I've kept it out of sight from everybody, even Malik.

I felt proud that I was annoying to Malik because I was a bore to him.

He should be happy that I haven't been screaming all the time instead of slinece.

Malik was sat on the bench/sofa, looking at my face and drumming with his fingers on the side of the chair, looking at my face for any sign of life.

I looked at the floor infront of me but I could still tell his expressions by the corner of my eye.

I could see that he was close to snapping, close to doing something that he was holding off from doing because it was a last resort but by now, he knew it was time to use the last resort.

"Say something!" he ordered.

I just shrugged my shoulders, trying to annoy him even more.

"Argh! I am sick and tired of your silence! You have the chance to be a queen, to have a husband that loves you, to be worshiped by races of people that are what people make films about and yet you stare at the walls and shrug your shoulders whilst I beg you to speak!" Malik shouted, really annoyed, my plan worked.

I turned my glare at him and just scowled, it was easier then even attempting to speak.

"Can you please just talk to me! You haven't spoken to me at all since I asked Serick to leave the house. Is is because I made Sedrick leave?"

"No." I replied, no emotion in my voice, just a simple answer.

"What is it then? I just needed you to understand why I brought you here, I just want you to know how I feel towards you. Can you please repond to that with some form of comunication other then shrugging?"