Chapter 4: Head of the House

The light was shining in my room when I woke up.

The day looked young and outside the large window, I had a clear view of the 'manor' gardens.

From my window, I seemed to be the view of the backgardens. It had a nice manacured lawn, outdoor sculptures, a water fountain and even a swiming pool. The edges of the garden were surrouned by a tall metal fence and on the outside of that, it was the edges of the forest.

I rolled over on to my side so that I was facing the wall with the doors to the other rooms, the door to the dressing room was open and inside I could see a pile of cothes with a sheet of paper on top.

Curious about what they were, I moved out of the side of the bed and pressed my feet on to the floor, there was still alot of pain that came from my feet but they were better than yesterday.

I wandered over to dressing room, edging carefully so that I don't make too much noise, I was still terrified, who wouldn't be? I was in a house full of vampires.

A wave a of dizzieness hit me, I can't remember the last time I'd eaten and I'm normally the person that finishes their dinner, asks for seconds and complains about those people that say they 'want to loose weight', if they want to loose wieght, then exercise, don't starve the body of food that it needs.

Even thinking about food made my stomach rumble, I really did like my food.

I looked inside the room, picked up the note on the floor, reading it as I fumbled with some loose marterial on the dress I was wearing:

Candice, 

Sedrick told me that he had to make you calm, I'm sorry that its all been so stressful, I want you to enjoy living here and so I think we should talk. I've got Maddy to pick out some clothes for you to wear, if you don't like them, then feel free to rumage in the wardrobes and find something that you want to wear. I'll hear your heartrate change from when you wake up so I'll get some one to come and wait until you've finished getting dressed, then they'll bring you to me.

Love 

Almost as soon as I put the pictures down on the ground, there was some fumbling around of the door to my actual room, three light knocks and then the door opened and closed, somebody took a seat in the room.

I couldn't see them from in the dressing room but I decided to close the door so that I coud dressed in peace.

I looked at the selection of clothes that Maddy had left me, there was three different dresses, a blue one, a red one and a yellow one, or there was a denim skirt that could have been pared with either the pink v-necked top or a cream body-hugging top. At the bottom of the pile there was a seperate bag that I guess Maddy must have left aswell, inside there was some black skinny-leg jeans and a black top that had 'read my lips' written across it aswell as a mouth across bottom part of the top.

I chose to go with the skinny leg jeans and the top that was left with it, these covered up more, less chance of me bragging in the vampires faces 'hey look at me! I have a pulse!' type thing.

In the dressing room, there was a door that led to the wardrobe and I went in to find something to put on my arms, some underwear and some shoes.

The wardrobe was packed with clothes, old fashioned and modern, bright and dark, warm and cold, far much more than I would have at home.

I found everything I needed, the hoodie was black and way too big but I prefered it that way, the shoes were probably some vampires hand-me-downs, they were canvas type shoes but instead of stopping at the ankle, they went all the way up to my knee, very different from everything else in the  wardrobe, which was mostly just pumps but with the exception of high-heels.