Chapter 15: Dying Alone

I woke up, coughing something that was stuck in my throat out on to the floor.

I felt really hot, feverish and sweaty.

My palms were all clamy, I barely felt them when the scraped themselves along the floor and pulled my limp torso into a sitting position.

I couldn't move my leg, something was wrong and it felt too numb to be just numb, it felt lifeless.

I screamed when I looked down and saw that my leg looked like a person had butchered it. 

There was a gaping whole, blood drizzling from it's sides and swealing all around its edges.

I looked up to see that Jacob was sat on by my feet, holding my leg to the floor. "I see you're awake." he said, still holding my leg firlmy to the ground.

"Please do something to heal it. It's horrible." I cried and then put my head in my hands. Moving my arm stung like mad, then I remembered the slits that Richard made across my arms.

"I can't do anything that I haven't already tried. Just focus on staying awake, don't waste your energy on madly thrashing around like you were earlier." he said and waited for me to react.

A lone tear dropped from my eye, if he couldn't help me now then I have no hope of ever trying to defend myself from Richard, not that I would have been any good at it.

"Why-why are you helping me?" I asked, gulping and trying to hold away  the tears. I wanted to be any where but here more than anything in the world.

"Huh?" he said, distracted by other thoughts.

"Why are you helping me?" I said, my breathing becoming faster from fear of dying.

"Oh. Well...You remind me of some one. My daughter actually. I haven't seen her in years because she's getting hitched to a werewolf. Werewolves are almost as bad as vampires, they aren't natural and they kill people when there is no need for it....I know you look nothing like her, I mean she's got brown hair and she's probably a couple of years older than you, but she's open to change and she has sympathy for everyone, even if they only shove it back in her face." he said, vengeful look in his eyes.

"Is her name Maddy?" I breathed, I sounded weezy and chesty.

"What? You know my Madeline? Is she...still human?" he asked.

"What? She can become a werewolf? How?" I asked, I'd never been told this before.

"Your vamp friends never told you? Werwolves have to bite a human during the full moon for them to become a half werwolf. Or werwolf spawn, both mother and children become werewolves when the child is born although only half werwolves...Her werewolf hasn't bit her then or they haven't had a kid?" Jacob said, losing intrest but looking smug.

 "No. They're geting married though." I whispered, seeing the expressions on his face.

The cell around seemed too quiet, the light outside was dimming and no doubt that once the sun went down, there was a strong chance that I wasn't going to make tomorrows sun down. Even if no vampire tries to save me, the slayers aren't going to keep me as their vampire sympathising pet, the'll kill me with out even thinking twice about it.

I wiped away a bead of sweat from my forehead, breathing heavily and soaked in my own sweat.

My clothes stuck to my skin which was uncomfortable inside the cuts on my arms and legs. I could barely move my limbs without feeling a restriction from my clothes.

I coughed again, my chest ached more then I had ever experienced, I hurt all over with the bruises and cuts and massive indent on my leg, I felt grungy and sticky from the amount of sweat that I was making and it definately felt like I was getting weaker.