Chapter 24: Reluctance Doesn't Pay Off

I woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and energectic.

In reality, it wasn't morning, it was the vampire morning. 

Vampire's normally sleep during the day because they feel weakened or in some cases, they die in the sun and so they wake up as soon as the sun had gone down they got ready to terrorize the neighbourhood and drain the living in Julians case.

It was the first time since being kidnapped that I'd ever been awake really since past sundown. Sure, I had been awake the whole week that I was living the way that Malik was and then obviously when me and Malik had gotten married. Malik didn't trust the other vampires in the house and I guess that I had to admire the way he cared for me, he'd never done anything to deliberately hurt me and he only ever wanted us two to be together.

I almost regretted the deal that we had made. No matter what, in about eleven months, I'm going to be taken home and there is no going back on it for either of us, nature will force it to be that way.

It might even be less, if Malik asks me to do something as his end of the bargain.

I wasn't regretting going home, that was the only thing that I didn't regret, the thing I regretted was that it had to be forced from him and to me it just seemed selfish. Wasn't love supposed to be unselfish and you're supposed to sacrifice everything for your loved ones? You're supposed to be able to give yourself up in order to save somebody, that's what they taught you in movies right?

Romeo and Juliet were the exact same, they gave up their families to be with each other so why did Malik being as smart as he was have to risk being found out by his subjects just so that he could spend some time with me?

It wasn't even quality time though, that's the thing. He doesn't share the same awake time as me for most of the day and when he does he's got lot's of work that's apparently importat, what the hell is more important than your soulmate?

I stretched thinking about how nice it would be to wake up and be able to stretch in my house in my own bed.

The little things that people take for granted that they don't even realise the importance of or how much they would miss it.

I miss the smell of my bed linen, the itchieness of it against my skin, they thickness of the duvet and the way it never seemed long enough.

I miss the crack in my sealing, the dripping of the tap from the bathroom near my room; even my brothers snoring was a sound that I'd give anything to hear again.

I miss the way how my brother used to through his smelly socks at me and run  off, I miss the way that we used to bicker and fight. It seems funny to me that I'd actually think of my brothers cheesy feet as something that I miss, I'd always teased him about his own bodily smells because I was the younger sister and he was the older brother - it was my job to embarass him in front of his friends.

I sighed, I'd never really thought much about those little things but all the small things in life is what makes the memories happen. 

You don't remember you're wedding day as much if it's all perfect because you don't remember something as being there but you'll remember it if things go wrong, in years you'll be able to laugh at it and thing, why the hell did I get so stressed about it?

Once getting up, finding out some clothes from the suitcase that Malik had placed at the end of the bed; I located a bathroom at the bottom of the stairs that led to the main part of bedroom.

The bathroom was once again part of the gothic range of designs, black flowered wall tiles and black floor tiles, black bath tup, black sink, black toilet, black towels and even black toilet paper, how the hell does she manage to find this kind ot thing?