Chapter 5: Devils Got A Great Smile

"So...What do you wanna talk about" he said, throwing a stress ball up in the air and then catching it again, still laying on the bed.

I moved to a seat by the window, there seemed to be more and more furniture in here each time that I left and came back, sitting down and looking out into the gardens, memerized.

I watched an eagle that flying in the garden, jealous of the freedom that the bird had, being able to fly away whenever it wants, no walls to contain it, the whole of the sky as its kingdom...

I suppose that's what its like, being a bird such as the eagle, one of the strongest birds, few that can kill the eagle...

Its almost like the vampires. 

Malik looked like the head of the house, he ordered all of the vampires, people consulted him when intruders came to the house, they even called him Sire!

Malik could do what he wanted, order what he wanted and have no questions asked, he was free in his own vampire world.

"Complete opposite to vampires, aren't you?" Sedrick asked, interuppting my thoughts.

"Huh?" I asked, confused by what he meant.

"You sit in the sun, you aren't particularily strong and you have a warm complection."

"Strong? If you compare it to a vampire then I'm obviously gonna be weak."

"I've seen plenty of humans that are stronger, but you barely put up a fight both when I first took you from in the tunnel and when I caught you in the woods." he said, gloating about my weakness.

"Whatever." I said, still watching the eagle. It had landed on the edge of the fountain and was drinking some water from its bowl.

"Really? Thats it? You really don't have any fight in you...You've gotta have some questions that you want to ask?"

I shrugged my shoulder in response, still watching the bird with longing.

"Really? Well, you suprise me, I thought that you would have been full of questions...I suppose you don't wanna know about why you're here then..."he said, teaasing me.

"Fine. Why am I here then?"

"Ask Malik that question." he said, smug.

"You get me to ask a question and when I do, you won't even give me the answer." I said, really annoyed by his constant taunting.

"Hey princess it ain't mine to give....You've gotta have another question, you live a house full of vampires and other creatures that your nightmares would be scared of and yet you have no questions other then that one?"

"Argh! Fine! If I ask you one question will you leave once you've answered it?"

"Hmm....Deal. But, I get to choose if I want to answer the question and if I don't then you've gotta ask me another one?"

"Okay...Erm...Err...I dunno....Err....Why did people attack today?"

"What? The Slayers?" 

"Yeah."

"Well...That links to the reason of why you're here."

"What? The slayers hurt people because you kidnapped me?"

"Thats a second question, that means I've gotta leave." he said and then stood up slowly.

"Please don't leave, can you just answer the question?"

"Haha! Told you that you couldn't resist me!" he said, sitting back down. I frowned at him, making him flash a devilish smile and then continuing, "Fine, no they didn't do it because of that, they don't even know you're here. Its only the people that live in this house that know and that's only because most of them can hear your heart beating."