Chapter 38: The Truth

Start from the beginning

He moved his mouth close to my neck and I closed my eyes, waiting for the sharp piercing pain in my neck.

As soon as he pierced my neck and slowly began drinking from my neck, I released my breath and shoved the glass into his stomach.

I heard the ragged breath that for once hadn't escaped from my own lips, instead it came from Malik's. And knowing that felt so good.

He collapsed against me and began slipping down the wall, dragging me down with him.

He let go of my neck and looked down at his stomach, the glass was ragged and stuck deep into his gut.

I moved away from him as he fell to the ground, gasping in shock. All I could see was his blood spilling over his hands and on to whatever he touched.

I looked over to Sedrick who was looking at me with suprise, complete and utter suprise.

"AHHH!!!" Malik shouted as he tried to pull the glass out. It was stuck too far into his stomach for him to pull it out and not give up because of the pain.

"GET THIS OUT OF ME!!!" he belowed and I couldn't help but feel smug that he was the one who was begging for help this time.

"There is no way in hell that I'll ever help you." I hissed, stepping backwards from him several steps, he wasn't going to compel me or even get the chance to force me to help him.

I risked a glance at Sedrick who was still being held by Malik's minions, the were stood in shock, not sure what to do.

I could hear Elizabeth in the other room and I longed to go and pick her up. My feet worked their way in front of the door just as Malik made an attempt at pulling the glass out but failed, the jagged glass stuck deep in his abdomen.

"Julian! Get her!" Malik gasped, trying to pull the glass out.

As soon as Julian let go of Sedrick, Sedrick was able to over throw Marcus and push Julian away from me, "Go, get Elizabeth!" he said to me and I ran as fast as I could into the throne room but my legs were covered in bite marks, my neck was loosing so much blood and the wound on my stomach was still leaking loads and loads of blood.

I stumbled and almost fell as I tried to run, I could hear Sedrick fighitng in the hall and now I was just waiting for either Marcus or Julian to take me down once and for all.

I huffed as I reached Elizabeth, she was crying and making gurgling noises as babies did. I didn't even know what she looked like properly, holding her had been rushed and I was trying to protect her the times I did, now wasn't the time to be sentimental.

I scooped her up in my arms and picked up a blanket from the floor, it must have been hers and Malik had dropped it earlier. I wraped Elizabeth in the towel and felt extrememly faint as I began to walk as fast as I could without tripping over back to Sedrick.

"Watch out!" Sedrick bellowed and immediately ducked from something being thrown at me and Sedrick.

Sedrick moved to me with his vampire speed and stood in front of me and Elizabeth, protecting us from all of the vampires.

Malik was leaning against a wall in the hallway, presing his gut so that it would clot and heal quicker, Marcus was beside him trying to pull him away but also protecting him and Julian was at the other end of the hallway, throwing whatever he could at me and Sedrick.

"I am warning you brother, let us leave before any of your people get hurt!" Sedrick yelled at Malik and dodged a piece of sculpture thrown by Julian.

"No! Never! You have taken the only thing that I wanted from her, the pair of you have! My dept made in the blood binding still has to be paid and you're forgetting that me and Candice are still married! I want what is rightfully mine!" Malik yelled and used his vampire speed to get to Sedrick and pull him to the ground.