Chapter 38: The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Ah, here comes my walking blood bag!" he shouted and clapped.

I staggered over to him, the pain in my stomach was bad but knowing that Elizabeth wasn't going to get hurt seemed to comfort me in some way.

I fell against the wall, blood was dripping from my stomach all the way down me, across my legs and spilling over the bite marks that Marcus had made on my legs.

I screamed as Malik walked over to me and tore the flesh on my neck with his teeth, he bite down as hard but as slowly as he could to give me even more pain. I closed my eyes as the pain overwhelmed me, it burnt through my veins and made me feel like I was on fire.

He drank with power but not quickly, he wanted the pain to last for as long as he could. I heard Sedrick shouting and hissing in the animal like way that he had been when the slayers were killing me.

He let go of my throat, holding me up so that I didn't fall to the ground, "Come on Sedrick, come and take a drink! It's like what they say, you regret the things that you didn't do, not what you did." Malik said and held my exposed neck in the air so that all of the vampires could get a good sniff.

He hissed and began swearing in languages that I didn't recognize.

Malik pressed his fingers into my neck, making me scream out in pain. I grit my teeth as he pressed in harder and licked the blood from his fingers. "Hmm..Tasty. You want some? Here, take a bite!" he said and wiped a load of blood across Sedricks face.

It was just like what Richard had done, there was something horrifying in the fact that a human and a vampire can act the exact same way when they torture their captives, there was nothing humane about this.

Sedricks nostrils flared and I could see that he was trying to resist the temption of the blood but even I couldn't blame him if he were to drink the blood from my body, there was too much of it to not be smelt in the air.

I looked at him, he was desperate for something to come and stop what was going to happen and I couldn't blame him, I knew that if Julian, Marcus and Malik each start drinking from my body then I'll be dead within a matter of seconds.

"Candice, you don't mind if he drinks from you do you? After all, isn't love about making sacrifices for the ones you love?" Malik said, walking back over to me with a smug look on his face.

I began crying again, the tears were running down my face and dropping miserably around the floor, I didn't make a sound as I cried because I knew that it would only make Malik happy to see me scared and terrified. I cried in silence and wished for him to just get it over and done with rather than mentally toture me and Sedrick.

"Just hurry up and kill me." I muttered in a gruff moan, I didn't mean it. Months ago I had meant it, I wouldn't have cared if they'd drank me dry but now I had to prove myself to Elizabeth and Sedrick. I had to prove that I could be strong for them even if I died trying to.

"HAHA! Okay, but I'm going to make it slow and painful just so that Sedrick here begins to wish that he was dying before you. Time to say goodbye now." he gloated and I took in a sharp breath.

"I love you" I mostly mouthed to Sedrick. He looked back at me, shaking his head and getting angry, this was our goodbye and this was the way that it was going to happen.

I locked eyes with those miserable ones I didn't want to see ever in my life, Sedrick's eyes were big and linning red with tears that were threating to spill. He didn't want to mouth those words back to me but I could see his mouth was twitching

"How sweet." Malik said and brushed hair from my neck, I shivered where he touched, it felt dirty and disgusting. He pulled my neck so that he was finding a fresh piece of unbitten skin so that it would hurt even more when he bit into my neck instead of a wound that was already bleeding.