“I’m not going.”  I saw the smirk suddenly hit his lips and the next thing I knew he was taking a few steps away.

“Remember when you were ill? I sorta gave you a hand massage? You said I was great with my hands and I made that dirty joke?” I nodded. “Yeah well, I’m talented with my hands when it comes to texting also.”

The next thing I knew I heard this,

“Gabby! Oh Gabby where are you?!”

“Bailey?” I whispered confused before I looked at Austin’s palling face as he weakly smiled at me. “What’s Bailey doing here?”

“Don’t hate me?” He whimpered as her heels clomped reaching the stairs.

I narrowed my eyes not bothered to move apart from fold my arms over my chest.

“What did you do?”

“I-“Austin cut off as Bailey burst through the door and Austin quickly moved to stand at the side, his hands tucked into the back of his trouser pockets. Bailey’s face screwed up in face as tears began to run down her cheeks and for a minute, I thought Austin pinned something on me until she rushed over to me and gathered me in her arms sobbing into my shoulder.

“I’m so sorry! I should have been there! I’ll kill that bastard! I’ll hit him with all my shoes! I’ll get Tina to tie him to a bed and rape him and cut his balls off and I’ll get Rainy to go all blond on his ass!” I chuckled lightly as I hugged her back before she pulled away and Tina and Rainy burst through the door also.

“That bastard! Imma go all black on that cunts ass!” Tina yelled her fist clenched as she stood to the side. Her dark skin looking smooth and her long black hair tied back.

“Yeah and I’m gonna chase him with my heels! Just like I do to all the guys who hurt you!” Rainy said as she flicked her short blond hair back behind her shoulder slowly trotting over to me and sitting down on the bed next to me. “We’ll show that-“

“Ok wait! What the hell are all of you doing here?!” I asked staring daggers at a smirking Austin.

“Well I can’t really tie you the bed and strip you naked to get your ready for the party, so I called in the troops.” My eyes widened and my mouth fell open as I looked back at my three best friends. Now, I’m in serious trouble. “Right, I’m off, see you in…two hours.”

“Austin don’t you dare-“

I was too late. He slammed my bedroom door closed and I was locked inside with the…Fashion monsters!

~~

OK, I can’t lie.

Being stuck in here and tied up most of the time did help cheer me up slightly.

Rainy spent her time doing my makeup and Tina did my hair, Bailey picked out my clothes and I just sat there unable to do anything about it but complain.

“You need to stop doing this to yourself.” Tina mumbled yanking a little more at my hair.

“You’re telling me! Next time, Imma chase Austin around the room with a knife!”

“I don’t mean that Gabby. I mean the heartbreak. You do it to yourself; can’t you just go for the nice boys?”

“I thought I was,” I whispered feeling weak again.

Suddenly, Bailey stopped throwing a dress onto the bed and smiling weakly at me. “Babe, you need to open your eyes wider. Some guys do like you, some are actually worth you! And some are standing right in front of you!”