Chapter 23: Avoidance

Start from the beginning

I continued, "How do you even know I live here?"

"Oh, I asked JB since he used to take you home. Not fair..."

"Eh?"

"I'm a bit jealous since I got closer to you before him." So straightforward.

I reassured him, "You're the first one to come inside my house though. You should be proud of this." I tapped his knee like a mother would do to her son to bring back his cheerful mood.

"Ohhhhhh!" he expressed, more happier, "...uh, JB told me to say hi to you, from him...since you avoided him too."

"Ok."

"You and Mark got closer, uh?"

"Yeah, we can say that" While scanning my room, I then heard him muttering to himself ,

...that's why...

"Excuse me, what did you say?"

"Ah, nothing!" he waved his hand at me, withholding what he just said, "But, why don't you speak to Jaebeom, especially him. You don't even take his phone calls. Has he done something wrong?", he gesticulated in an odd way.

Has he done something wrong to me? No. It's me. I'm still lost. I have a lot in my mind right now.

It's like if we played the runner and the chaser, Tom and Jerry? Maybe not as much as them. While he's trying to open up more to me, I ran away as if I wasn't ready to live my dreams in the real world. The reality.

"No, no. Don't you see i'm busy? Look..." I pointed my busy bed.

"Your internship."

"Yeah. And, I have an exam soon. You don't joke with nursing. One day, If I ever save your life, you'll be thankful to me for all the days I purposely avoided you to study and become a better nurse!"

"Oh! Of course!!!" He had a large grin. He was about to laugh when I successfully put my hand on his mouth before he could let out his ear-piercing cackle.

"I like you Jackson, but I have a lot to do now. Sorry."

"Oh, you like me?" he taunted. I caught one of my pillows and hit him few times with it, "As a friend, of course idiot! Oh my god! Is it mutual?" I stopped hitting him and grinned waiting for his response.

"Yes it is" He said confidently. And, we did our friendly hand gesture like two guys would do."But, stop ignoring me now!"

"Okay, okay, go!", I chased him away from my room and my house while pushing his back. I closed my door and went back in my books and polished my homeworks. I admitted it, it felt good to see Jackson again. Few hours later, I woke up from a vibration; I felt something moving next to me. My books were still on my bed and the music still on. I must have slept.

I grabbed my ringing phone next to me and...JB was calling.

I can't stop talking to you forvever.

I slide the button on my screen and put the phone on my ear without saying anything.

Silence...

A long silence filled both our ears ready to listen to each other. I went first.

"Annyeong." I shyly started, over the phone.

"Annyeong."

I closed my eyes strongly...I really did missed his voice. The last time I spoke to him was when he left me to see Jr. I felt sorry.

"How are you?"

"I didn't know until now. But, right now, I'm doing pretty fine."He missed me. I could feel it in his voice, the way he talked.