Chapter 35: Burn it Down

Start from the beginning

Holly and David were stood at the bottom of the stairs, agreeing on how this evening was going to go and the rules of keeping me safe. David was dressed in a shirt and jeans whilst Holly was dressed in a baby blue skater dress that complimented her flawless skin.

"You ready?" I asked them, mostly Holly beacause I already knew what David was going to say.

"Yes but I don't-" David began before I held up a hand for him to stop talking.

"David, I'm going and I'm not expecting you to be happy about it, I'm expecting you to appreciate what you've got rather than what your expecting to loose!" I said and then nudged him towards Holly, "Besides, you can't seriously be that blind to not notice how gorgeous your fiancée looks this evening!"

He huffed, Holly smiled at me and mouthed a 'thank you' but only when David's back was turned. He grabbed his coat, led us outside in an annoyed mood and then towards his car.

David drove us to a club in the middle of town that I'd been in a few times, he'd wanted to bring me to a quiet pub but I refused and said that I would make my own way to a club if I really had to.

The club was busy, coloured lights flashed around the room making it impossible to tell how big it acutally was, loud music blared from the DJ's speakers even though it was a song that I hadn't heard in my life I still managed to wiggle to it a small amount. 

David announced that he was going to get a round of drinks in and so Holly took me onto the dance floor, she kept a firm hold on my arm the whole time we were there.

"Guy's, drinks!" David shouted at a quieter part of a song.

I skipped over to the table and downed my vodka shot in one.

"You drunk that quick!" Holly said, chuckling.

"You're forgetting that I haven't drunk anything alcholic, that I remember that is, in almost a whole year!" I shouted and skipped back out onto the dance floor.

I danced more freely than I had ever felt in years, I twirled and wiggled to the beats of the song, moving and using the space as I felt like. I danced alone, I danced for me.

I looked over to see David and Holly watching me with worry on their faces, I just wanted them to stop it.

I'd had enough care shown towards me to last me forever, I just wish that they would stop acting like I was a precious artifact that might get stolen by the first person that so much as looks in my direction for more than a couple of seconds.

I'm not going to be able to live a normal life if this continues, I just want to be free to live and when I want to live, I want to LIVE! I don't want to be wrapped up in cotton wool for the rest of my life, I want to be independant and save myself sometimes.

I turned away from Holly and David, getting myself more emerged in the crowd of dancing adults and got lost in the fury of my dance.

I could hear David's shouts out, calling me back to the table and then I could hear Holly saying to him that I was in a room full of people, nobody was going to take me without somebody seeing something.

I felt so suffocated, they were treating me like I could break if the don't look after me properly, that's not how I want to live my life! I escaped for a reason, so that I could be free!

They aren't understanding that I'm not planning to live in the say house that I've lived in for the rest of my life, I want to go travelling, I want to meet somebody and spend the rest of my life with them but David's not going to let that happen if he keeps on treating me like a child!