"You can't just abandon your practice!" Georgia shrieked at him as she followed him to the Lexus. Georgia watched him throw his bag in and started to back up, the garage door rolling up with harsh clicks.

Tobias drove to the long-term parking garage at O'Hare and turned off the engine. He started to get out as the sound of the front window crackling into fragments caught his attention. The last thing he ever saw was the broken glass as his life was cut short.

Kirill had done as told and came on the next flight. Across the parking garage, he put away his sniper rifle and cleaned off his hands. Meticulously putting away the pieces of his weapon as he dismantled it he then hopped down from his perch and flipped open his cell phone. Dialing out he only said the words when the line clicked open.

"It is done."

"Clean and through?" A voice asked.

"Yes," Kirill replied in simple affirmative.

On the other end of the line, Halex smiled as he stroked Angel's sleep-flushed cheek. He was trapped now, trapped and he had to do right by her.

* * *

Nearly an hour later they came out of the bedroom her face clean of tears, and she settled on the couch. "Rain?"

Rain popped up from the couch, and she looked around, "Oh you startled me, hun!" She sat up, "How about we order pizza tonight and just watch movies?"

"Just make me feel human... Why don't you and Halex go and get the pizza and beer and greasy, cheesy bread sticks of yum," Angel hopped over to snuggle Rain who wrapped an arm around her best friends shoulders.

"It's gonna be okay kiddo. I promise. Look how far we've come in our lives, Angel. We can't let one asshole destroy our happiness. When your contract here is up, come back to Tucson with me, and we'll start a new. Promise."

Angel's green eyes had slid closed, and a tear clung to her lashes as she fought not to cry, "Of course I'd go back to Tucson with you. It would mean the world to me, dear," she kissed Rain's cheek and settled back against the couch and looked up at Halex, "Surprise me with the pizza's and stuff... maybe get some Root-beer and vanilla ice cream too."

Halex eyed her and stood up tucking his white button down in and then slipping into his boots and lacing them up. "Let's go Rain. I'll pay for dinner tonight." He grinned and slid into his leather coat and waited for her to slip on a pair of well-loved sneakers and grab her jacket.

"We'll just be down the road to get supplies Angel, how about you pick out the movies we're going to watch?"

Angel smiled and nodded getting the keys to her bay and handed them over, "Be careful going out."

Halex folded the keys up in his hand and headed into the garage and started to warm up the car as Rain seemed to be deliberating whether she was gonna go or not. But she hugged her best friend one last time and scurried out the door into the garage, and soon the clicks could be heard from the door opening, and the engine was roaring as the backed out and headed down the street, the. Clicks of the door lowering again left her feeling somewhat safe.

* * *

Halex had turned on the heater, and soon the Mustang warmed, "Where to?" He asked of Rain who was just watching the houses go by. "I need to stop by a hardware store and get the locks and things Angel needs for the front door as well. I'll drop you off at Dario's Pizzaria and run across the street then come and pick you up?" Rain looked at him and nodded, "aye, that would be perfect."

He smiled and moved into the right lane to pull into the parking lot. The Mustang was taking the corner smoothly, and in moments he was stopped in front of Dario's and handed Rain his Quantico National Reserve card and smiled, "get everything she likes."

Rain eyed the card than him and nodded as flakes began to fall again. "All right Halex hurry back." She went inside, and he pulled away and went to the hardware store.

He picked up the lock set and paid in cash before he went back to help Rain. He parked this time, locked up, and headed inside. Ducking into the hot body filled pizzeria he found Rain at the bar sipping a glass of water while teenagers and college students rushed around filling orders and he sat beside her, and she turned to look at him tapping his card on the counter. "Wanna tell me about this?"

"In the car."

Rain nodded and handed the card to the pimple-faced, teenage girl as she set down three large pizzas, salads, wings, cookies, and assorted dipping sauces. She signed the receipt leaving the girl a hefty tip and grabbed the two smaller bags and ducked out into the now heavy snow.

Halex handled the pizzas. His hair was plastering on his face as he set the pizzas on the back seat and got in and started the car letting everything warm up. "Tell me where to go to get the Guinness or Sam, Adams, or Maijer."

"Down two lights on the left liquor barn only place you can get booze is a licensed liquor store now who the fuck are you?"

He pulled out and headed for the store, "I'm Halex Gregor Adler. I was born in New York City on December first, nineteen seventy-seven. I have three sisters, four if you count Angel. My dad worked for the government; he died right after I turned nineteen. My mom got my sisters, brothers, and me to my Uncle before she was killed. I made sure my sisters were safe and went back to Quantico to become a government asset to avenge my parents they died on American soil. The hunt led me into to deep cover in Dubai. I came to Angel because I love her."

"Don't you dare hurt her."

"I don't plan on it," he parked at the front door, "go get what we need." He shoved his wallet at her. There were two single photos in it, three girls and angels senior prom photo. Both yellowed and peeling at the edges. Rain collected libations for all three and paid with the cash and headed out to the car. "Okay let's go feed the bear then I have laundry to do. Oh boy, drunk laundry." Rain giggled and handed him his wallet and got out hers and pulled out a more recent picture of Angel and handed it to him. "You needed an update."

"Thanks."