Chapter 31: Witnessing Hell [Sedrick]

Start from the beginning

Candice had stapped about three centimetres above her belly button and the wound was a clean shallow cut that should not be bleeding as much as it was, something wasn't right about this.

I raised the knife in my shaking hand and cut a different wound where the baby would be taken out. 

As I cut, even more blood came out and I feared that Candice had injured the child when she stabbed herself.

Malik had to get more towels to place beside the incisions so that they would hopefully not bleed as much.

I looked down at Candice, realising that she'd gone silent.

"Candice?" I asked, taking my bloody hand and placing it on the side of her face.

She croaked something but didn't open her eyes, we needed to do this fast and get it over and done with. She was past feeling the pain which meant we were loosing her.

I cut into Candice deeper and used my hands to widen the wound so that Elizabeth could be pulled free. Finding what I thought was her feet, I pulled her out of Candice.

She was small, weighed the size of a bag of sugar. She was alive.

Elizabeth began screaming in my arms, Candices head shot up, her eyes wide open even though minutes previously she had been at deaths door.

"Elizabeth." Malik said in awe, outstretching his hands and taking Elizabeth from me.

I put her in his arms and turned straight away, unable to look at something that had caused so much pain to Candice, destroyed her and made her hurt herself, over and over again to save the child and yet this thing....It couldn't be blamed, it just couldn't be.

Candice watched and her eyes filled  up with tears and then they shut again, her arms reaching out to the direction of the child as she mumbled something that even I couldn't make out over the sound of the childs cries.

Maybe she had Candice's angelic features, her little nose and her wide curiouse eyes, but I couldn't condone it. I couldn't coo over a child that had caused this much hurt to the people around me.

Malik turned away with Elizabeth in his arms and began walking at a normal human speed, making cooing noises to her.

"No, let me hold her!" Candice begged and she trying to get up even though she still had two open wounds on her.

I had to restrain Candice even though I hated myself for it.

"Let her hold her!" I shouted to Malik who didn't even turn around, he just paused to reply.

"The deal ended the minute she was born meaning that Candice should be taken home now, don't you think it would be harder for her to hold her?" he said.

"Please, just let me hold her, I haven't even seen her properly! I'll do anything, you can have what you want from me! Just let me hold her!" she begged crying even worse than she had been when she was in pain.

Malik ignored Candice and just walked away.

If I hadn't been restraining Candice and he wasn't holding Elizabeth then I would have ripped his head off.

"Please! Don't go! Let me see her!" Candice kept on begging and I wanted to let her go but I couldn't, not when she was bleeding out on the kitchen counter.

I heard the sound of a car driving away, the life drain out of Candice as her moans turned into mumbles, her arms dropping lifelessly at her sides as she began to withdraw from life.

"Sedrick, please make him let me see her! I want to hold her just once, I didn't even get to see her properly. Please!" she whined.

My breath caught in my throat as the lump of guilt became too much for me to cope with. What could I say to her when I'd let my brother destroy every part of her and taken the most important thing a person could ever have. I'd let it happen.

"I'm so sorry but I can't, I need to help you first before you think about doing anything else." I finally managed to say, cut my own arm with the knife so that she could drink my vampire blood.

"No! NO! Nooooo!" she cried and flopped back onto the counter, if it were even possible. She sank away, her eyes receeding away from me.

"I'm so sorry." I breathed, meaning it from the pits of my heart.

I wanted to make everything right for Candice, I wanted to bring back Malik and force him to give Elizabeth to Candice. I wanted her to not be in this much emotional pain. Most of all, I wanted to change what was going to happen in less than a days time.

Candice screamed out when she heard the resignation in my voice  and straight afterwards she passed out from blood loss.

I felt so ashamed of my own kind at that moment in time and I vowed to make things right for her, I owe her that much.

And right now in this point, in this time. Both of us just gave up.