Chapter 25: Monster on Earth

Start from the beginning

"Get off of me!" I screamed at him and he let go of my hands reluctantly.

I couldn't bare to look at him, he truly was scum of the earth.

I turned away from him and walked a couple of steps away, trying to think of away out of this, a new deal maybe.

It was a long time before either of us said anything, I needed time, even if it was a small amount I needed it to try and think of away out of this but I couldn't think of any.

I could not and would not just let this happen, how the hell did he think I was ever just going to roll over and take this on the chin? I was going to put up my best fight because if the choice was destroying everything about myself and going home a broken person then I was never going to choose that option. Never.

Malik let out a long sigh and began to walk at human speed towards me, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder that I shook off. "Look, I wish there was something I could do but I jus-"

"You could do whatever you wanted just not that!" I shouted turning round to argue with him.

"I can't, not now! Not since I've said it! It's not even as if you'll have to do anything that you aren't already doing! All you have to do is go to the spirits and ask them to make you carry my child! Once you do that I'll get the witches to speed everything up so you won't even have to think about it for that long, it could be over within a matter of weeks and you could be home with your family just like you've always wanted!" he said, trying to comfort me but saying all the wrong things.

"Oh how very kind of you, making it that easy for me! How could you possibly think that I would ever let this happen? This is the most cruelest thing that a person could ever do to another person and you just talk about it with ease! I won't do it, I'm not going to!"

"I'm not talking about it with ease I'm saying that you've got to wrap your head around it because it's going to happen whether you like it or not. I'm sorry I did this to you and I really do regret it-"

"Take your regret and stick it up your ass with everything else that's fake about you! You say you didn't plan this and you say that your sorry but did you ever in this situation thing of how this was going to permanently effect me? It's going to destroy me and you planned it right from the moment I was agreeing to do what ever you asked!"

"You won't even remember it! It will hardly effect you for even a month and when it does, you'll forget everything about it-"

"I won't need to forget anything about it if I don't have to do it full stop!" I gasped, a knife being metaphorcally plunged through my chest, ripping my heart out.

"You don't have a choice and neither do I, you'll go home and the first thought that you're going to have is to go and see the spirits. After that you don't even have to see me until it's all over..."

"Good but because at the moment I can't stand the sight of you!" I shouted and walked past him to the hall that led to Serena's old room where I was staying, "Don't you dare think about following me! Don't you dare!" I yelled as I heard his foot move.

Thankfully he knew better to just stop there and leave me alone, how the hell could he actually think that I wasn't going to be effected by this? How did he think that I would just take this laying over, how did he think that I would just let him do this to me all because I wouldn't remember it in the long run?

I ran to her room, up the stairs and collapsed onto the bed, crying my tears into one of the pillows and then once that one had soaked through I burried my head in my hands.

I cried myself to sleep that evening, spending hours of my time crying until I was too exhausted to keep my eyes open. 

I woke up with sore puffy eyes and a headache from a bad nights sleep.

I had no intention of getting out of bed until I noticed Sedrick lounging against a wall on the other side of the room, reading some sort of magazine.

He nodded to me, there was an understanding between us and I'm guessing that Malik brought him here because he was the only person that knew about the deal between us.

"I guess you know." I croaked and fortunately my eyes were too dry to weep again. I didn't bother pulling myself up because what was the point anymore? I didn't want to get out of this bed for even one moment.

He nodded, "he's gone by the way. As soon as I got here and he told me I made him leave...There is nothing I can say to possibly make up for what he has done, I..." He trailed off, not able to say something that made a difference to what I was feeling.

I gulped, there was nothing that Sedrick could do to get me out of this either. He wasn't going to even let me feel that hope if he knew it wasn't worth it, I would only get hurt even more in the long run.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked in a voice that told me that he didn't want to talk about it either but he was doing it for me.

Who would want to talk about it? His brother was basically stealing my womb for the next month to grow some sort of spawn that...He was just taking what wasn't his, taking one of the most intimate things to me, one of the things that I'd always looked forward to in later life, settling down with a person that I truly loved and then planning it all out. Not this, never this.

Something inside me died and a single tear dropped from my eye.

"No, just distract me please. I don't want to feel like this anymore." I said, I could feel my shoulders shaking as I said it and the room all of a sudden felt like an ice box, cold and lonely.

Sedrick ran over to the bed and put his arms around me and instead of distracting me, he let me cry into him for ages, just soothing me with his comfort.