Cebu!!!

TRUE STORY

_______________________________________________________

My mother always tells me lot of stories when she was young about the happenings in Cebu, her birth place.

My favorite is when she was walking alone by herself from a store because she was asked to buy something by my grandma, or she visited her grandma's house.

She said that it was not windy that day. But she saw a tree bending like it was blown by the wind. She ran home the fastest that she could.

Another time she was visiting her grandma. She can hear from a distance a lot of people talking and having fun in her grandma's house. But when she entered the house, nobody was there. She screamed and screamed loud but her grandma didn't heard her scream. She found her grandma, and her grandma said that she hadn't heard anything until my mother came. Grandmothers are sometimes deaf but her grandma was only few feet from my mother!

Another time occurred when she was walking alone again by herself from the store where she had bought a kilo of rice at around six in the evening. She was passing an abandoned house when someone or something whistled. She ran, ignoring that the rice from her head spilled, and screamed until she was home.

____________________________________

Clarisse47