Affecting

Chapter 41 - Affecting

Jungkook got immediately rushed to the hospital. Jin and V were waiting outside the emergency room. Jin called for Jungkook's aunt. The boy's aunt came in a quick, rushing to see her baby boy. She was surprised to hear that Jungkook's nose bled for no apparent reason or it might be Jungkook's sickness when he was still a young child, but how even? She asks in her mind. Even Jin finds it weird for Jungkook to have that sickness come back again, it has already been cured. Seven years already passed after that treatment. It would be impossible to come back this late, for how many years passed without giving signs and symptoms.

Why now? Jin asked himself, his bestfriend can finally spend a happy life with V but this suddenly happen, without giving a warning.

"Wh-what will happen to Jungkook?" V nervously asked, and Jin looked at him with anxiousness painted on his face, "I-I don't k-know.."

"I need to know what's with Jungkook. He had been sick the night we got locked in that room."

"I said, I don't know."

The nose bleed stopped, and Jungkook went under observation. He got transferred to another room. He still needs to stay at the hospital, the doctor announce to the two boys and Jungkook's aunt. They entered the room seeing Jungkook in deep sleep. The doctor called for Jungkook's aunt to show the results of the X-ray, tests and such, they went out of the room to talk.

Jin went to sit on the chair beside Jungkook's bed. V followed and grabs another chair to sit beside Jungkook.

"What happened to Jungkook? What will the doctor say to Jungkook's aunt? Why do they need to talk outside?" V gulped, "When will he wake up?"

Jin snorted, "Just shut up, V."

"Why am I feeling something bad about this?" V covered his eyes, "I don't want to see Jungkook suffering."

"He wouldn't be." Jin repeated, "He shouldn't be."

Jungkook woke up quietly, rubbing his eyes, he takes a look at the two boys seated beside his bed. He flinched in surprise. V's eyes widen seeing his boy alive again, "Jungkook!" He called forming a small smile. Jungkook tried his best to smile back, "You guys--"

"Are you still feeling hurt?" V asks, "Are you feeling cold?" He puts his hand over Jungkook's legs that were covered with blankets. Jin pulled V's hand away and glared, "Don't scare him."

"I'm not!" V defended himself, "Jungkook, you'll be fine! We'll go out for a date soon!"

"Yeah." Jungkook's weakly response.

After few minutes, Jungkook's aunt came back inside the room with a worried face. She looked at her nephew and sighed deeply. V and Jin were waiting for Jungkook's aunt to speak. Even Jungkook feels nervous seeing his aunt carrying a troubled expression. He glanced at Jin signaling that he wants V to exit the room before his aunt talks about his condition.

"Uh, Taehyung." He called, V looked back at him and asks, "Why?"

"Can you buy us some drinks?" Jungkook asks cutely, "Please."

Taehyung thinks for a second, wondering why would Jungkook ask him a favor at this time, Jungkook smiled at him again, "Fine. I'll be back in a minute." He agreed in the end.

"What's with me, auntie?" Jungkook asks with a rough voice as soon as V exited the room.

His aunt starts crying and sits at the chair beside Jungkook, holding the young boy's hand, "I love you, Son."

Jin can feel his heart racing in nervousness. The boy shouldn't get sick again. Jungkook doesn't deserve this, for the second time around.

Jungkook had been diagnosed with leukemia when he was a child. He had undergone with remissions treatments and chemotherapy, which made him experience a tough sad childhood life. His relatives were damn worried about his life in critical, although there was a treatment to cure his sickness, it was still scary, they have seen how Jungkook suffered so much, even Jin doesn't want to witness it again.

Jungkook's fatigue body, having frequent fever and nosebleed, and weight loss. It was the worst stage for Jungkook's years of living. Everyone didn't say a word to bring back that stage again. They don't want Jungkook to remember how hard he had gone through since he was a kid. His parents even died before he got this sickness.

And yes, it was cured. The chances of getting it back are just slim. It should get back for like two years, but, seven years would be a little impossible. It might be another sickness, or worser.

He kept praying that it isn't cancer.

Jin gulped and patted the shoulder of Jungkook's aunt who was still crying, "What did the doctor told you?" He asks bravely.

Jungkook stares at his aunt, waiting for an answer. Even Jin.

"It's n-no-not leu-leukemia." She stated while stuttering.

"Then what?" Jin asked.

"N-nasal c-ca-cancer.."

Jungkook starts tearing up again. He starts remembering his treatments before and how hard it is to be sick.

His illness before had already been cured. He wonders why he should have another ill again. There is this uncertainty feeling and anxiousness that it may come back again after treatment.

He had been experiencing nosebleeds and fever while he was in the US and thought that it was just normal. He felt his body weaken and thought because of too much stress and tiredness at school.

"I want you to have the treatment right away, before it's too late."

His aunt said about the three types of treatments, including radiation therapy, surgery or chemotherapy. It depends on Jungkook what he wants to do. There are different side effects for every treatment, and Jungkook's aunt called for the doctor to discuss the treatment further since she's almost eating her words because of crying. She feels like she failed taking care of her nephew.

Jungkook wiped his tears as the doctor finished discussing everything.

"I don't want to do the treatment." Jungkook said and snorted, closing his eyes for awhile, "If it will still come back in some time."

The treatments he had before were too much already for him to do another treatment again. Why would I need a treatment if it will just come back again? He asks in his mind. If his life would be always in critical, he would rather just die and not bother anyone. He doesn't want people to focus on him, to make them suffer and take pity on him. He doesn't want to spend his time in the hospital again. He doesn't like the smell of the hospital room, it gives him an uneasy feeling that his life will be taken away soon. He badly wants to live a little longer, but he doesn't want to do the treatment. Quite confusing.

All he wants to do now is to go home and continue living like he doesn't have an illness. He doesn't want to consider himself as an unhealthy being. V shouldn't know about this.

"Yah, Jungkook!" Jin scolded.

"I'll let you think about it." The doctor said and exited the room.

And that's the time V entered the room holding the coffee drinks he bought.

He observed Jungkook's aunt that was still crying and Jin's teary eyes. Jungkook looked upset. He approached them and placed the drinks at the side table.

"What did I missed?" He asks with a worried face. Jungkook forces a smile back and answers, "Nothing, really."

"Why? Were y-yo-you guys crying?" He asked and saw Jungkook's aunt wiping the tears away. They stopped as soon as V saw them.

"No, ofcourse not." Jungkook's aunt replied, and Jin shook his head.

Jungkook doesn't want V to know about his sickness. The boy shouldn't know about it. V might get hurt about it, and he doesn't want that.

Jungkook stretched for his arms to reach V's hand, and squeezed it, "I'm just having a normal fever."

V jumps on Jungkook, giving the boy a warm embrace, "I knew it!" He says excitedly, "We'll get you out of this place immediately."

"Ofcourse." Jungkook giggled and looked at Jin who was giving him a hateful stare.