Pushing

Chapter 23 - Pushing

V is an optimistic guy that anticipates the best possible outcome. He is inclined to shrug bad things off from him and look into the positive side of a certain situation. A guy like him would still say good things to a person who annoys him as much as possible, than, releasing awful words.

"What we had? We never had any kind of relationship as far as I can recall."

J-Hope chortled, "I am your first love, Kim Taehyung. Aren't I?"

"J-Hope." V called for his name again, "I have a boyfriend."

The other laughs with sarcasm, "I'm late.. as always." He let out a big sigh and continues, "I like you since back then, but, you and Jimin left me."

"We didn't. You know I needed to move to a closer school where my parents work."

"But-"

"I told Jimin about that and he planned to move as well, we wanted to tell you about it but we were afraid that you'll stop us from leaving." V giggled, "I consider you as my favorite friend, and I hope we can be friends, still."

"Fine, fine."

"Yah! Are you mad at me?"

"But who's your boyfriend? Is it.. Jimin?"

"What?" V respond with a shocked expression, "No!"

"Then who?"

"Jungkook. The guy I introduced to you."

"Woah, he's very pretty to be your boyfriend." J-Hope smiles genuinely, "Fine. I'm approving your relationship since he is really pretty."

"He is more than pretty." V smiles back with a glow within his eyes.

"Then what kind of relationship do you have with Jimin?"

"Huh? We're just friends."

"I don't think so."

"Yes, we are."

"You two looked more than friends, imagine, Jimin going wherever you're going." J-Hope said.

Both of them are indeed inseparable since middle school, Jimin would always follow V wherever and whenever. Maybe V doesn't sees Jimin's actions but the people around them observes how much efforts Jimin puts in their friendship or somehow special relationship. The smaller boy always gives V what this taller boy needed.

"I'm going now." J-Hope says as V didn't reply to what he said before.

"What do you mean by going? You're going back to your hometown?"

"Yup." J-Hope laughs softly, "I was planning to extend if you'll say you love me but I guess I'm unlovable."

"Yah! It's not like that!" V pushed the elder male's chest, "You'll meet someone who deserves you better."

"I hope so." J-Hope chuckled, "Say Jimin that I said goodbye."

"Alright."

J-Hope and V made a quick embrace before letting J-Hope ride a bus, V waved his hands goodbye for one last time for his old friend. J-Hope couldn't help but shed little tears as he rides on the bus seeing V waving a hand on him as a goodbye, he never regret that he fell in love with this sweet friend. V is his sweetest heartbreak, it wasn't really hurtful to hear V having a boyfriend, instead, he felt glad that V founded his happiness and now maybe it's time to let go of his feelings for the boy. He needs to start moving on to be able to welcome new things coming to his life.

Coming to the city gave him a reason after all, having the chance to give a proper goodbye to his friend and leaving his feelings. As he takes a ride back to his hometown, his chest feels free and out of disappointment. Maybe, the world made them meet on purpose to be able to confess his feelings he had be hiding before and the chance to get rejected.