Chapter 131 - The Meeting

Raegan munched on the plate full of berries as the adults discussed stuff.

"So, you're saying, you want our help again with the upcoming war with Cresencia?" The Dragon Swordmaster, Gideon Woodlock, asked as he leaned on his chair and crossed his arms. The unpleasant look on his face did not help the situation at all especially since there were only two men from Taron and there were eight of them around the table, and nine if the Vampire King was included.

"Yes," Henry went straight to the point as he looked at each and every person there. "Some of our scouts have reported an ominous thing happening in the empire. There were also reports of sacrificial areas being made every week to some sort of monster they want to use in the final war."

Everyone's ears perked up at the statement and their eyes all gazed at the King of Taron.

"Sacrificial areas for a monster?" Lily, one of the right-hand apostles of the two kings asked with a curious look on her face. She tilted her head to the side in amusement as her eyes wandered to the silent man beside the red-haired human.

"What do you know about it, handsome?" She winked at Ronnovian and the man's eyebrows furrowed when he caught on to the woman's gaze.

"As what you've heard, we've seen dark magic being used in certain areas of the empire." At the exact moment everyone heard 'dark magic', they all looked at the Vampire King who wasn't interested one bit in the conversation and was looking at the nearest window of the room... possibly daydreaming of the other king.

"It has also been reported that voyages have been sent out to the Northern Seas, and what I am guessing is that they are trying to locate powerful dead creatures to revive and use in battle with the help of dark magic," Ronnovian added.

Everyone looked at the Vampire King again but he was still disinterested.

Well, it was his magic after all. Raising dead creatures was his primary form of power and to know that a country was practicing it? One would think he'd take even a slight form of interest in it.

"If what we're suspecting is true, then it means disaster for everyone involved in the conflict with them. The creatures of the Northern Seas have long been known to be disaster-grade monsters and if they manage to revive a lot of them for the war, humanity would be fighting against rampaging devils that could kill them in a single attack!" Henry spoke in pure worry.

They were so desperate at this point that they would even come to the door of their other enemies and ask for help.

The situation was that dire. They have tried reaching out to Belmaid but their concerns aren't the priority right now considering the festival is still going on.

"We can't help you with that," Gideon was the one to deter their proposal and Henry's eyes widened.

This was a catastrophe looming over the entire Eastern Continent right now and their only hope was turning down their proposal.

Only hope.

That seems to be the funniest idea ever considering the people here were also the one who tried to destroy their kingdom before they covered their façade as the heroes who saved Taron from their downfall.

"Why not...?" Henry stammered on the last word as he felt defeat slowly engulfing his system.

"We cannot do anything unless it is by the directive of King Silas," Michael, the right-hand man of the Vampire King who had been gifted the Wings of Apocalypse, answered. He did the same stance Gideon did earlier by leaning on his chair and crossing his arms.

"That is the biggest concern and even then, we don't have anything we can get from being of assistance to the final war," he added and the rest of the people went silent. Ronnovian was the one who retorted to the statement by saying, "Weren't you the same group who tried to take over Cresencia when they were attacking three kingdoms at once?"