Chapter 23 - Prince

"Lift your head." And as instructed, Gideon slowly shifted his gaze from the ground onto the white-haired king.

Pier was looking at him with emotionless eyes. However, despite the look, joy was coursing through the swordmaster's body.

He paused for a second as he felt the new magic circulating through his veins.

It was a new feeling yet it felt familiar. Then it hit him. Gideon had this before. The same feeling of his heart pounding and his body engulfed in the sense of being lightweight.

It was the time the blue dragon had chosen him as its benefactor. The time when he turned into a swordmaster and acquired a new level of power.

It had been so long since he last felt it and now here it was.

He couldn't help himself but cry at how good it felt, at how he was in pure bliss.

The growth that had been stunted for months had finally found a new path, a new way where Gideon could grow and continue becoming stronger.

"Are you happy?" The sovereign asked him making Gideon be pushed out of his thoughts.

Was he happy?

A smile slowly made its way to his face.

"Yes." Gideon nodded his head as he looked at the pair of contrasting eyes.

"I am extremely happy, my liege," he added and Pier observed the swordmaster for a few more seconds.

Seeing that Gideon was truly content with what he got, he also had satisfaction filling his body.

"A dragon tamer..." Fluffy spoke from afar as he watched the scene between the sovereign and the swordmaster.

No, it wasn't just him.

The entire kingdom was submerged in silence as they watched everything with wide eyes.

They were speechless. The words that they tried to speak were taken right out of their mouths.

"How..." Fluffy murmured underneath his breath.

How can someone grant another being powers that were out of this world?

"Is this... Is this the power of a sovereign?" His hands shook as he thought about it.

He feared dragons. It was the reality he had come into when he previously lived as a temple fairy of an ancient kingdom.

Dragons were creatures that none could rival. They were the best in every field.

They walked in every place without a care in the world and demanded many things. If their demands were not given, they could simply choose to go by violence and destroy anything they could.

Even as a fairy who practiced spirit magic, he never had any chance of successfully defeating one in all of his life.

"Yet a human is given the power to tame them?" He was in pure disbelief. His hands were trembling in secret as shivers ran down his spine.

But shifting his gaze towards the white-haired king, Pier was still silently looking at the swordmaster who broke down in happiness.

'I couldn't feel his majesty's magic anymore...' He tried to observe harder but no matter how much he tried; he couldn't feel Pier's magic anymore.

There was only one explanation for that.

'The amount of magic he had already transcended the world.' He closed his eyes and focused on his breathing.