Chapter 46 - Puddle of Fate

"Splashy-splash... Splashy-splash!" Feet jumped onto the shallow water which drove it away temporarily but soon returned without a second passing. "Splash splash..." He sang as he continued jumping from one place to another.

"Ooh..." He cooed as he saw something move beneath the waves that tried to reach for the shore. It was weird-looking with arms and a shell above it. "Father, I found a live shell!" He screamed to the man following behind him closely.

"You did?" Nodding his head, Raegan picked the creeping crustacean which retracted back to its abode instantly. Seeing the action, the dragon prince looked at it in awe before puffing his cheek.

"It went back home..." He muttered under his breath and the vampire king chuckled. "Of course, it would go back to its shell. It sensed danger when you picked it up," he explained and Raegan pouted before gently placing the crustacean back down in the water.

"I only want to play with it," he huffed and started walking again.

"Hmmm... Splash, splash, like the little feet I have." Raegan was singing a song his dad usually does when he was being bathed in the palace. "I need to wash my stomach and my feet..." he continued and Ciaran simply smiled at how cute Raegan was.

The sun had completely set hours ago already and the skies were engulfed in darkness. "Are you sleepy already?" Ciaran inquired wherein Raegan shook his head. The man simply sighed in defeat because no matter how much he tried to tire Raegan out, the little dragon seemed to not know tiredness these days.

Ciaran's mind drifted towards his beloved. He could imagine Silas looking at him in dismay with his hands on his hips and shaking his head saying "You're keeping the child up in the wee hours of the morning, Fenrir!"

"It's not my fault this kid does not want to sleep!" He grumbled even though Pier was far away from them right now.

"Who're you talking to, father?" Raegan's round and chubby cheeks made their way into Ciaran's line of sight. "Your dad," Fenrir responded before lowering his back for Raegan to climb on and the little prince instantly went to ride his father's shoulders.

The two then started walking along the shore of the sea they have come into.

"Really? Can I talk to dad too?"

"Right now... you can't but when we go home you will be able to talk and play with him."

Raegan's face immediately lit up for a second but it died down when another thought crossed his head.

"I wish dad was able to come with us, father," he wept and Ciaran quietly agreed to his son's statement. Indeed, it would've been better if Silas was there with them right now enjoying the cold evening beach. "But dad is occupied with many things."

"That's right."

"Father?"

"Yes."

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

"How did you and dad make me?"

Ciaran stopped walking altogether as he was caught off guard by Raegan's question. The little prince was already three but he had the mind of a twelve-year-old human who is curious about a lot of things.

"I heard Uncle Gideon and Uncle Fluffy once talk about how you and dad are planning to create more of my siblings. How do you do it?"

"Uh..." Ciaran scratched his head as he did not know what to answer. If he did, Raegan will surely spit it out to his uncles and he would get an earful from the dead fairy about how it is important to keep children pure from the sin of lust.