Chapter 5 - A Girl and a Woman

Once the event is in full bloom, people started to socialize more. Many enjoyed the high-class food provided by the House of Masters and many danced to the classical music being played by the orchestra.

"My, you are such a wonderful woman, Celeste!" A noblewoman spoke with eagerness in her eyes while viewing Celeste's appearance.

"It is my pleasure to be complimented by you, Countess Morata," Celeste laughed lightly along with the woman's antics and the two were engaged in a conversation about beauty products as well as tea parties.

Leandro who had been beside Celeste for all the time now smiled when he saw how his lover was enjoying conversing with the people of Taron. They were approaching Celeste with smiles the moment they knew she was the young master's fiancé.

Though some had been asking for Celeste's noble origins, the thought did not linger as being a wielder of ice magic alone became the focus on their view of her.

Citizens with the noble bloodline who can use ice magic are admitted to the palace where they could secure a connection with the royals.

Commoners who also manifests the same element are given great importance in the society and even being promoted to the nobility.

Having ice magic held that much of an impact in one's life.

"Young Master Leandro!"

Leandro turned his head to the direction of the voice and he immediately stiffened when he saw the two people approaching him.

It was the current royal prince and princess of the kingdom.

Henry had a smile on his face while Dianne's expression was that of panic and question.

"I greet thy Royal Highnesses, Prince Henry, Princess Dianne," Leandro spoke while lowering his head slightly.

"Raise your head, Young Master Leandro," Henry commanded him and Leandro did so too.

"Congratulations on your engagement with Celeste, Leandro-"

"Where did you meet her, Leandro?!" Henry was interrupted when Dianne interjected with another question directed to the young master.

"Your highness, please calm down," Leandro tried to console her frustrated expression but it got even worse.

"You cannot just pick up some random woman and turn her into your fiancé, Leandro!" She exclaimed and good thing people were too busy dancing and minding their own businesses that no one noticed the princess' outburst.

Leandro's eyebrows furrowed at the words she spoke. His chest clenched and tightened at how disrespectful it was.

"Dianne-" Henry was about to reprimand her when another person joined them.

"I am not some random woman, your highness. I am Celeste, Leandro's fiancé." The two royals froze in their spots when they heard her cold yet still friendly voice.

"Celeste, I'm sorry. You did not have to hear that," Leandro ushered to her side and immediately wrapped his arms around Celeste's shoulder as if to protect her from any entity that could cause her harm.

Seeing the interaction between the two, Dianne's surprised face reverted back into the frustrated and annoyed one.

"You don't know your place, do you?" The princess remarked and Leandro visibly became angrier at how Dianne was blatantly disrespecting Celeste.

He wanted to speak but Celeste's hold on his hand was cold. It was as if telling Leandro to let her handle it for the meantime.

"I, in fact, do know my place, Your Highness. It is beside Leandro, my fiancé," Celeste responded with a calm expression.