Chapter 2 - Frost of Winter

The harsh winds blew. His breath turned into a small cloud as he stepped onto the barren land.

Clenching his hands, he took a deep breath and exhaled. The coldness was biting him in every part.

"Light of the highest order..." he whispered under his breath and soon, magic manifested on his hands.

"Envelop my body and procure warmth," and it did so. The light magic surrounded his body until he was literally glowing amidst the dark, and desolate place that was being ravaged by a snowstorm.

He sighed in satisfaction when the warmth from his light magic had driven the darkness and coldness away.

"Father said I need to look for the village here," Leandro mumbled under his breath as he looked from left to right. Yet there was nothing.

There was no village in the middle of the snowy place and all that was left was a frozen lake in the middle. The surrounding trees were dead too.

How can they grow in a place where the snow almost never ends? It was impossible to do so.

The young master took careful steps towards the frozen lake. He was hesitant to do so but the headmaster instructed him he needed to bring a person from this place that had ice magic.

Ice magic was so rare that only a few people had been recorded in history to have it and Leandro was tasked to find one.

"Haah..." He rubbed his arms because the aftermath of being in the cold for too long was still there. His body was still chilly and he needed to adjust with his light magic.

"Hello?!" Leandro half-screamed to call for the attention of any person nearby. Though he thought it would've been impossible any sane person would even be under this much snow unprotected and not bothered.

"Hello?! Is anyone there?!" He asked again but got no response.

He needed to return immediately because the Royal Banquet would soon occur and as the young master, his presence was needed there.

"I can't see anything..." He huffed and finally gave up.

He'll probably return to this place after a week to search for the said village again.

It was then, that he was about to turn his back and retract the steps he took inside the frozen lake when he spotted a dark figure standing from afar.

Leandro's eyes widened when he recognized the form to be that of a human.

"HEY!" He called out and unconsciously stepped towards the person.

Despite his rugged and harsh breaths, he finally managed to reach the person after a few minutes but something else surprised the young master.

Beautiful long, white hair was swaying along with the wind and the person had her back faced on him.

"The frost of winter has spoken."

Leandro flinched when the woman's cold voice resonated. He was surprised that he could hear her loudly despite the raging snowstorm.

And that's when it happened.

She slowly turned her body to face the young master.

A beautiful set of striking blue eyes were the first thing the man noticed. The second was her beautiful pale skin. Lastly, her smile. Leandro had to suppress a gasp from escaping his mouth for he was too astounded with the woman's extraordinary beauty.