Chapter 54 - Bead

"Hey, Fenrir?"

"Hmm?"

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

Silas paused for a short moment before opening his mouth to speak. "What did you acquire when you marked me?"

The statement must've been a surprise to the man with midnight hair as Ciaran was obviously taken back and his eyes slightly widened. However, it instantly returned to normal within a split second.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

"Mhm."

"Why's that? I gained a little bit of your darkness attribute though?"

"I don't know either."

"Really?"

They weren't particularly standing still while talking. The two men walked through the bushy forests of Mir as they aimlessly wandered to whatever waits for them. The casual conversation was just something Silas initiated to break the comforting silence between them.

"Yeah."

"Hmm..."

Silas took a peek at the man beside him and he saw that Ciaran still had a nonchalant look on his face. "You aren't bothered by it?" But all that he got was a shake of the man's head and a shrug of shoulders.

"Marking you as my soulmate is far greater than gaining any form of magic the world has to offer." Caught by the words that left Ciaran's mouth, Silas had to look away as a bashful look made its way on his reddening face.

'This man and his words,' he thought and huffed silently.

"Maybe you gaining the darkness that I possessed was an additional gift by the heavens for you since you were basically tying your soul with mine for eternity."

"Damn, it's for eternity?"

Ciaran abruptly turned to look at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Do you not love me anymore?" He asked straightforwardly.

"Of course, I do. I was just asking."

"Yes."

"Oh... What if I 'accidentally' die?" The white-haired king asked while imitating quotation marks with his hands in the air.

"Then I'll die as well."

"Woah... Really?"

"Yes."

"What about Raegan?"

"Raegan is a dragon. He'll live with the swordmaster and the rest of the people taking care of him."

"In what way will you die?"

"The same as yours."

"What if I die after being stabbed by an enemy but I somehow managed to kill the enemy before dying myself?"

"I can raise that enemy's soul and have them stab me too."

'Really now...' The young king sweatdropped but decided not to push it further. Ciaran was persistent when it comes to him and not that he was complaining about it either.

He loves how Ciaran loves him.

"I've been reading a lot of books."

"Hmmm?" Silas was amazed that Ciaran was now the one who started the conversation. Fenrir was a man of few words. Though sometimes he may get talkative especially during certain occasions, most of it were him simply listening to Silas.