Chapter 128 - Gods

A/N: Music for this chapter is 'GODS' from League of Legends ft. NewJeans. I recommend you listen to it on repeat while reading for the best experience! Enjoy :D

----

"These are the books locked and hidden in a secret chamber beneath the ground of the destroyed mansion," Ciaran informed as he carefully laid the bag of books down on the floor, and instantly, shadows appeared around them. The shadows took the books and arranged them carefully in the right order and shelves.

"You found these books?" Silas asked as he looked up from the current book he was reading and their eyes met. Getting excited by their exchange of looks, Ciaran grinned before he made his way towards the young king.

"Yes. Accidentally. But I'm still a good man for bringing you these, right?" He asked before getting on two knees and laying his head on the white-haired king's lap. Fenrir rubbed his face on the man's thighs before giving off a contented sigh.

It was a sight to behold. A powerful entity that could wipe out nations in the blink of an eye was there kneeling in front of another being and basking in the latter's ethereal presence.

Bringing the book down, Silas combed the Vampire King's hair and smiled.

"Thank you, Fenrir," he whispered as he smiled. "Have you read some of the content?"

Ciaran nodded his head like a kid. "Yes. I only read half of the first book but it seems to be about how the sole wielder of the light can open up a new reign of power in another foreign nation," he confessed.

This piqued the young king's interest and he hummed before he resumed combing his lover's soft hair.

"I will support you whatever your decision may be. I know you hold the world's future within your hands." Chuckling, Silas shook his head at the man's sentiments before gently tapping Ciaran's shoulder. The latter stood up and they exchanged positions with Ciaran sitting on the chair instead and the white-haired king sitting on his lap.

"I know you will, Fenrir."

----

"Dad?" Raegan knocked on his parents' chambers and slowly, the door opened by itself.

The little dragon prince went inside as he hugged a thick book. Once he took a step inside, the first thing he saw was his father sleeping on his stomach. He could see Ciaran's hand twitching as if he were looking for something before a soft groan left his mouth and he went back to his deep slumber.

"Come in quietly, little one. He's gonna throw a fit when he doesn't find me beside him when we wake him up." Turning his head, Raegan saw his dad sitting by the window with what looked like tea on the table in front of him.

Following his dad's words, he silently walked towards the young king and when he reached the spot where Silas was sitting, he offered the book to the man.

"Did you read this book?" Silas asked and his eyebrows rose when he saw that it was the same book that Ciaran had given him just this morning. Raegan answered with a nod but his eyebrows were scrunched up.

"Yes, but I am confused with something," he admitted before climbing on his dad's lap and resting his head on the man's chest. He then stared at the red marks that were hidden under the robe he wore but did not give any thought to those as he was busy thinking about the book.

"It said that once the sole wielder of the light comes in contact and infuses his power with the blade of the chosen one, the latter will unlock a new power, similar to those who live in the heavens... Do you know what is an archangel?" The Dragon Prince asked while his dad was combing his messy hair.