Chapter 17 - Farewell

A/N: I attached the OST of To Your Eternity in Episode 12 so you can have a better experience while reading the chapter. Enjoy!

---

He watched as the man soundly slept.

"Well, it isn't nice for a prince to sleep in his garden without blankets," he then sighed while thinking of ways how to carry Asher – at least back to where people could see him and assist him.

He couldn't do that. Not even if he wanted to.

Only one tiny fragment of his soul was left in this world and it would disappear a few minutes from now.

"I'm surprised they manage to help me out that long," he muttered while looking at his hands. He even poked it a few times to ensure that it was indeed a solid surface.

"Mother said it needs such a great amount of magic to even give a solid body to a departing soul." He was astonished by how powerful his brother was.

Should he even call Silas his brother? He was quite unsure of what to do.

They were estranged from each other. Though they did get the memories left by Celeste, Pier still found it a little bit awkward calling someone who was more mature than him a younger brother.

"Imagine dying two times. I would've cursed the gods and whatnot," he chuckled before finally deciding to pull Asher up with his hands and placed the red-haired prince's arm around his neck.

"My, this is why I could never lift swords like you, your highness. You got all these big muscles!" Pier rolled his eyes before begrudgingly walking back to the pavilion where they both left the two lovers.

It took Pier a good two minutes to heave the sleeping Asher back to the pavilion.

"Hah! Where are my servants? I need them to lift this heavy prince!" He complained.

"I fired them."

Pier instantly paused when he heard the voice from beside him. His eyes widened and his body stiffened for a short moment.

"Why did you fire them?" He asked when he regained composure.

"I don't like them." The person responded again making Pier close his eyes and smile at how silly it sounded.

"They're still my servants. How dare you fire my lazy maids! I love watching them slack off and ignore my orders!" He decided to go along the moment and he huffed before crossing his arms.

"Well, it's better than having their heads hung in the palace's gates." The response was serious and very daunting and it made the young master grimace in thought.

"You're one scary master. You are such a disgrace to our kind and generous family!" Pier playfully glared at him and the man only rolled his eyes at him.

"T-The nerve to roll your eyes at me! I am your older brother!"

"I'm twenty-three. You're eighteen, older brother." Silas even placed emphasis on the last words whereas, it was Pier's turn to roll his eyes.

"I was still born earlier than you."

"Who cares? I'm older by age. That's what matters."

"Yeah? What if I beat your ass for being disrespectful to your older brother?"

"You couldn't even lift a sword with your wriggly hands and you're going to beat me up?"

"As if you could, too!"

"Well, I can produce swords with my magic. They're weightless."

"Hmp. Magic my ass. Only cowards use that cheap trick!"