Chapter 72 - Owner

Silas was quiet as warm breeze flew past him. His left arm was covering his closed eyes from the sun's rays. It was calm. Even the birds chirping from the trees were bringing him the tranquil he never expected he would find in a place like this.

The dream that Pier uses to connect with Asher in the real world. It felt surreal.

Of course, he knew what it felt like because even in the dreams, he and Fenrir were always meeting there too. They were basically inseparable. However, experiencing another person's dreams aside from theirs was a new experience Silas never expected to happen.

He lazily opened his eyes and removed his arm. Once more, he squinted them because it seemed like the sun was starting to get hotter. He turned his gaze around and saw that it was a familiar garden.

There was a plethora of plants in this place ranging from trees, flowers, bushes, and grass. The garden was very spacious that he could start walking around and it would take him twenty minutes to complete the exploration.

Nostalgia hit him hard because he did not realize how much he missed being in the House of Masters.

The said household no longer existed right now physically and it might be under the process of construction right now but Silas had no plans on returning there any time soon.

Just because he doesn't have any plans on returning does it mean he cannot have the ability to miss it. He really did.

The garden of the House of Masters was one of the places he sought peace and tranquility all the time things were getting awry and out of hand. When people started becoming dramatic, he would go here and let his mind rest in peace.

"It's beautiful," he remarked as he continued to roam his gaze around the place.

Every corner that he looked at, his heart would slightly long for the memories he had in the House of Masters.

He had built many memories here aside from hiding from the public's eye.

It was here in the garden that he used as a training ground that he was able to first cast his magic spell. He clearly remembered it being a wind orb.

It was here in the garden where he practiced his skills secretly to avoid anyone's suspicion that the young master can suddenly use magic.

It was here in the garden where he frequently spent his time with the people who served him loyalty and truthfulness.

At the last thought, Silas' heart clenched.

His mind drifted towards the memories that never erased themselves from his head. He clearly remembered watching from the palace's highest tower how the House of Masters blew into millions of pieces and killing everyone who was inside his.

Resisting himself, the young king closed his eyes and calmed himself down by feeling the environment.

'Not now. You're close, Silas,' he spoke to himself.

There was no point in getting angry when his plan had just set.

He first prioritized Pier's situation because it was the most urgent. It was much more important than getting revenge to the people who brought the disaster to him. However, now that his mission with Pier was done, he can now keep going on.

There was nothing holding him back this time.

Rustle... Rustle...

He immediately raised half of his body and looked at the direction where he heard the rustling of the leaves.

From a distance, Silas watched as the bushes continued to move as if something was hiding behind it. He knew it wasn't an animal because his senses wouldn't have detected the aura the creature was emitting.