Chapter 19 - Magic

"Mother, father!" Silas exclaimed and the two figures slowly turned their heads to look at him.

And once they did, he took a deep breath when he saw their faces.

It was immaculate, it felt divine.

His steps slowly stopped and he just proceeded to look at them seemingly in a trance.

Celeste and Leandro stood side by side while holding each other's hands yet as the cold winter winds blew past them, nothing seems to be fluttering.

Their clothes and hair were still.

"Wow..." Silas whispered in amazement.

They were beautiful people. Some of the most beautiful he had seen in his entire life.

He had seen Celeste and Leandro through the memories the original Pier had given him but seeing them in person made his heart flutter.

Was that even possible? For someone's heart to flutter the moment they see them?

Celeste had an immaculate image as she smiled at him. Her hair which he got the color from flowed like silk being woven and her eyes that looked calm gave him peace.

The late Sovereign of Frost.

It made his spine shiver. Celeste's deep blue eyes were looking at him with joy and Silas felt warmth surround him. It was that divine feeling he felt.

Leandro on the other hand had an astounding figure. He was a head taller than Celeste and his black, raven hair which resembled the midnight skies were moving as he moved.

Not to mention those eyes. Those eyes that held so much power within them made Silas' entire being quiver for a second.

The sole wielder of the light.

Leandro was the only person in the world to ever possess light magic and Silas understood why he suddenly felt warmth envelop him.

It was one of Leandro's capabilities with light magic. To give warmth.

Both were powerful beings that were the best of their era and he could only clench his hands in respect.

He was reaching their level when they were in their prime now. No, even with his incomplete soul, he was already in their level and he was proud of that.

Silas was proud of whom he became.

When he finally decided to move once more, his strides were faster. The small, hesitant steps turned into a jog until it eventually turned into a run.

He ran. He continuously ran and his steps echoed as they stomped the snow on the ground.

"Father... Mother... I'm here..." He spoke and when he reached them, Silas embraced his parents.

"You've finally returned, Silas." Celeste's voice made him acquire another shiver and Silas bathed in the pleasantness it brought him.

Just like what he saw in his dreams, Celeste spoke with love and care.

"Silas... My son..." Meanwhile, Leandro spoke with disbelief in his voice when he saw the young man.

Silas looked so much like Celeste yet he got his father's eyes and that was enough to make Leandro teary-eyed.

"My son..." He was still in disbelief.

Not until their gazes met and Leandro was locked in a stare with Silas. Their worlds slowed down when they instantly felt the connection between them.

It was magic.

"I-I'm sorry I couldn't grab the feather of a phoenix for you, Silas-" but he stopped midway when the young king tightened his embrace on them.